Sunday 23 February 2014

Getting a bit Lippy

Good day everyone, today I thought I would share with you one of the biggest beauty dilemmas I face in day to day life, and fingers crossed by the end of this post we will have worked out a solution to my beauty buy woes.

Lipstick. Lipgloss. Balms, hell lip products many times have sadly eluded me. You name it I have it, pinks, reds, browns, corals, purple but I can never settle on a die hard favourite to have its own prestigious place amongst my beauty favourites.

Below are a few of my lip based purchases in the last few months and perhaps you can share your lippy wisdom with me and help me get out of my colour rut! Starting with my glosses.

1. Missguided - Funnily enough, free with a magazine, this colour on is a hot pink colour with pigments of purple throughout. I thought this would be an excellent statement gloss and would provide a good contrast to my Casper skin....I was wrong, think I'll be steering clear of purple for the foreseeable future!

2. Barry M - Another freebie, this came along with an impulse Christmas deodorant set and it's a lovely pale pink colour which I often use when I have my hair in a bun (the wind up here is ridiculous and gloss matted hair is not yet in style!)

3. Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme Plump In Pink Out Loud - This is a fairly new purchase but so far I'm really enjoying using it mainly because of the sensation you get from these lip swelling products, call me crazy but I love it!

And now the sticks.



1. Miss Sporty - An oldie and cheapie but goodie, when I first bought this it was fantastic (as I was a lippy virgin and didn't know good lipstick yet!!!) Now the stick has dried out entirely and is unusable. No good for long term!

2. Rimmel - This one is called 'Gold Coral' and I went through a major phase where I wore this everyday, not entirely sure which Rimmel range this is part of but I love it for a Summer into Autumn colour. However this one dried out my lips terribly and the cracked effect only looks good on nails I'm afraid.

3. MUA - Ashamedly this is my only red lippy and I'd love another one as this one is getting a tad grubby.

4. Clinique - My all time, number one favourite lipstick, well cheating here it's really a coloured balm if anything. I love the silky feeling it leaves on my lips and the colour is really great, unfortunately I would say this colour is rather subtle and I'd really like to get a collection of these going in all and every colour... when I win the lottery!

As some of you may know from reading my Twitter feed I have recently purhcased two of the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks one in a lovely latte brown colour and the other in a deep pink colour, stay tuned for my verdict on these two sticks!

I hope you have enjoyed this rather lenghty post, I'd love to hear your comments on what your fave lipstick brands are so I can give them a sample! As always you can catch me on Twitter and can follow this page via Bloglovin!

H.Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. I have horribly dry lips but I always find that MAC glosses work perfectly on me, and more often than not the colour you see is pretty much the colour you get on your lips. I'm a big fan of their spicy browns. and now we have a MAC in Aberdeen I can only assume i'll be stockpiling :-). Good luck in your quest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Burt's bees lip balm now for about a week and it has proved to be a fantastic base brand new beauty staple! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted too but pretty sure it uses beeswax and i'm allergic...there's only so much puffy I want from a lipgloss :-p. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many great lip balms out there, it's better not to risk your health haha! X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig