Thursday 13 February 2014

Barry M's Matte Nail Paint

Nail polish is my vice, I'm not good at putting it on, taking it off and I have not yet mastered the art of the non smudged manicure! Nevertheless I am a sucker for the latest and greatest in nail polish, I have the lacquers, gels, glitters, chameleon, neon...all of the things, so it was no surprise that when Barry M released their latest matte finish nail polish, it was at the top of my wishlist and I was near first in line at Boots.

On going to purchase the polish I was still undecided about the colour to go for, so far their matte range has 5, and I was swithering between their gorgeous (what looked like) deep red and their grey colour called 'vanilla' Eventually I settled on their red 'crush' I figured if I'm going to go Matte I may as well make a statement about it!
 Here is what the paint looks like on, apologies for the shabby handiwork and camerawork actually! On brushing the colour across my nail the polish at first appeared to be a deep deep burgundy colour, which is what I was expecting. However when it dried, and it dried surprisingly fast, it turned into a sort of Matte plum colour which I was even more chuffed with!
I really like the alternative grunge look it offers your fingers over the hi-shine or glitter ones that I am used to especially since I haven't been feeling particularly Summery with this dreich weather we've all been suffering through!

So I hope you've enjoyed my take on Barry M's Matte Nail Paint, I'm off out to get another in my next haul!

 As per I love to hear from you so drop me a comment, catch me on Twitter or if you just can't get enough, follow me on Bloglovin where you can keep up to date with my latest and greatest Granite City posts.

H.Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't think I'd like the matte effect but it looks so cool. It's just like you said it, the whole grunge thing just works. Can't wait to try it now!
    xx, TT

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig