Sunday 22 March 2015

Pure Gym | What to expect from your first Kettlebell Class

It has been 24 hours since my first ever kettlebell class as I type this, my muscles are sore... very sore and walking to work today was not a piece of cake as it usually is (perhaps that was an inappropriate comparison) my legs are stiff, my shoulders are stiff, in fact today I am sore in places I didn't think could possibly be sore, and I have my new Kettlebell class to thank, but you know I don't regret a minute of it! So today I thought I would share my experience of my first ever Kettlebell class at my local Pure Gym just for those of you who might be curious, fancy giving it a go or have been a bit scared at the prospect of attending class alone.

If you are a member of Pure Gym you will already be aware of the benefits. Use of quality work out equipment on a budget, convenient city centre locations and not to mention a plethora of classes you can take part in for free, which is something I have only just been brave enough to try out. One thing I will say is that if you are going to book in for a class you are going to need to download the app, these classes fill up like nothing on Earth and if you're not fast (you can book classes up to 8 days in advance) then they'll be gone before you know it and at my gym, kettlebell classes are the first to be snapped up so be fast!

Honestly I was quite nervous about starting this class and now that it's over I'm not altogether sure why, I think it was partly down to feeling like 'the new kid' in class and thinking everyone would be watching how weak I was - not the case whatsoever. The class accepts all ability levels so you don't need to worry about being able to lift something that is realistically far too heavy, for example I started off on an 8kg kettlebell (you can get a 4kg one though so no worries) and you will never feel like the new kid in the class because there will always be somebody who is just joining that week too.

There will be sweat, my gosh there will be sweat, the classes are run as a kind of circuit and you take part in one minute of really going for it and 30 seconds of active rest. My class began with standard weighted squats (you will be sick of squats by the end of this trust me) and progressed to jumping squats. From the outside looking in, as I often did before I started classes, it looked like a piece of cake (these inappropriate cake references are probably trying to tell me something) especially when you add in the swinging of your kettlebell up to head height and above your head, but after a few minutes of doing this you are going to want to throw your kettlebell away! After the class I seriously thought I would never go back again but alas and lo and behold I have already booked in for the same class again next week (the feeling and results are just that good!)

What I found really great about this class is, not only are you getting a fantastic all over body workout but the instructor helps you out with your breathing techniques (which is something I tend to overthink or get panicky about) and you really are getting the full package. Going to this class has given me the confidence when I go to the gym outwith classes to be able to pick up a kettlebell and know what I can do with it to get the greatest all over body benefits that I can.

If you are considering booking in for a weighted Pure Gym class I would really recommend this one for a beginner, you're able to pick the size of weights you feel comfortable with (get there quick for the good 'uns) and as opposed to simply working out your arms or your legs you're 'engaging your core' and getting an all over workout. Please share your own experiences of Pure Gym classes or kettlebell classes in the comments below, or come share them with me on Twitter, I would love to hear how you get on! As always if you'd like to see more from Granite City Girl be sure to follow me on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, I'm pumping iron (sort of)

H.Elizabeth x

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I have always wondered about pure gym classes.
    Steph xx
    http://stephhjayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since starting classes I am addicted I do intensity, box fit, fatburn, kettlebells, lbt and abs blast, they're all so great and much more effective for me than if I were just to go on a treadmill!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  2. I've just booked onto a box fit class at my local Pure Gym. I've never been before and I was just wondering what it's like. I'm also a massive fan of their kettlebell class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Box fit is a great class, I found it was great for my arms - which is an area I tend to neglect. You'll pair up in that class so may be good to bring a friend along for your first time because I found it super awkward punching a stranger haha! Good luck with the class!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  3. I live in London, and one gym I joined was 2 miles down the road, but the public transport to that gym was so slow, it took me longer to reach than the next gym I joined, 3 miles away, but really well connected with a door to door train ride.penis enlargement bible reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the new principles of fitness, where there is an attention on accomplishing most extreme outcomes as effectively as could reasonably be expected.fitness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!
    orthopedic seat cushion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are the staff friendly? Do they know you by name? If you belong to a gym with dedicated sales staff, does the salesperson that signed you up still say hello to you?Health N Fitness Vigilante Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is additionally vital to complete a legitimate warm up and chill off at either end of your rec center session. stronger bones

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some they only have a local YMCA to join or some small local gym. However, for those that a few options to chose from this article will give you some questions to ask or think about when comparing gym memberships and facilities.anvarol before and after

    ReplyDelete
  9. A large number of the understudies who have finished the online program on sustenance are of the feeling the individuals who have taken up course at an authorize foundation will have more brilliant odds of verifying an appropriate situation. Noix de pecan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What were they fouling up? Experience instructed me that those folks were actually over-stretching out themselves and needed to take protracted breaks from preparing to recoup, just to return and do something very similar once more. click over here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of in the event that you are as yet content with the rec center following 5 years you can be sure it will work only the manner in which it was intended to work. Looking and attempting to get the best arrangement is a certain something, however understanding what you'll be paying for is very another. Home Body guide

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! mobilità articolare roma

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig