Thursday 26 March 2015

Aberdeen Events | Aberdeen Art Gallery Extreme Makeover

 
 
 
Hello everyone, I'm back today with a special Aberdeen post about an event that I will be attending in the Granite City tomorrow evening that I'm pretty excited about and that is the 'Extreme Makeover' of Aberdeen Art Gallery. As some of you may already know the Aberdeen Art Gallery is due to formally close down for 2 and a half years in order to undergo a major redevelopment and giant makeover as part of some revamps taking part in Aberdeen City in the next few years (all of which are very exciting and I'm happy to be part of) so to celebrate the Art Gallery are having one last hoorah and shebang to celebrate art and culture in the Granite City and of course these exciting new developments.
 
The event itself takes place tomorrow evening (27th March, 6pm) and is a free non ticketed event (but is set to be extremely busy) There are a whole host of activites due to take place throughout the evening including a dress up masquerade competition, a tour with a twist, which I'm super excited for, sketch classes, construction activites and the opportunitiy to make you mark on the gallery, literally! For a full list of what will be going on be sure to check out this link.
 
Throughout my life I have paid numerous visits to the Art Gallery and witnessed the weird and wonderful, for example I remember a couple of years ago one of the exhibitions featured solely on David Beckhams sleeping face, one that I really really enjoyed was the Annie Lenox exhbition and most recently I attended an after hours event surrounding the world wars. So in all honesty I am both sad and excited to see these new developments as it has played such a role in Aberdeen's culture but I am of course looking forward to giving the current design the proper hoorah and send off it deserves!
 
I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures (if allowed) and I will of course keep you filled in and updated on the evenings activites, or better yet if you're in Aberdeen be sure to come along on the evening and say hello if you see us skulking around. As always I welcome any and all comments or Tweets and of course if you just want to keep up to date with the latests be sure to follow me on Bloglovin.
 
Until next time folks, giving the gallery one last hoorah.
 
H.Elizabeth x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig