Sunday 1 March 2015

Domestic Goddess | Chilli chicken and chorizo potato skins

Hello again, back today with yet another domestic goddess themed post, what can I say I feel I am on a culinary roll at the moment, and I thought since I always seem to share sweet snacks (which admittedly I am obsessed with) I'm going to change it up and offer a savoury in the form of my sweet chilli chicken and chorizo potato skins (anybody have a quippier name for them? all ears!)

I was inspired to make these by Pinterest (although their recipe revolved around sour cream, cheese and bacon) as well as an odd combination of ingredients that were left in my fridge at the end of a busy week, and as it turns out it was honestly the best thing I ate the entire week and has quickly become one of our favourite dinner dishes to make after work. These are super quick to make, require very little skill and are delicious!


Equipment
Bowl
Microwave
Microwavable Plate
Sharp Knife
Frying pan
Spoon (for scooping)

Ingredients
5 Baking Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or any oil really)
Ready to eat sweet chilli chicken (2 packs)
Philadelphia Sweet Chilli Spread
Diced Chorizo
Cheese (grated to sprinkle)

Method

  1. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Wash your potatoes well and dry with a clean dishtowel.
  2. Coat the potatoes lightly in your olive oil and place on your microwavable plate. Microwave the potatoes (5 mins per potato so for 5 you will need 25 minutes) so they are soft and easy to cut.
  3. In the final 10 minutes of your potatoes cooking in the microwave heat up your chicken in the frying pan then add the sweet chilli spread. Make sure you coat all the chicken in the sauce which should now go a bit runny having been warmed up.
  4. Remove potatoes from the microwave and leave to cool for 5 minutes until you can comfortably handle them (or dive right in if you're impatient like me!) Cut them in half and then spoon out the potato inside (leave a little bit in so they aren't just skin and fall to bits!)
  5. Once you have your 10 skins, scoop in your sweet chilli chicken mixture, add your diced chorizo to the top and sprinkle with a bit of cheese (optional)
  6. Put these in the oven for about 15 minutes until the skins are slightly burnt (that's how I like 'em)
  7. Leave to cool for another 5 minutes and then tuck in and enjoy.

Serving suggestion:

Use the mash that you had taken out of the potatoes as a side to your skins or you can put it back on top to make a nice lid for your skins.
 
These are really lovely to have as leftovers too, I often find myself making slightly more just so I can take them to work the next day and let me tell you they are often the envy of my colleagues.These are so versatile and can  be swapped and switched around for different things, for example you can put chilli in your skins and if you're feeling particularly health conscious you can even swap your potato for a pepper (obviously you don't need to microwave the pepper though!) Please do let me know if you give these a go or if you have your own spin on these, of course you don't have to follow this to the letter you can mix it up and have any filling you like, I am actually tempted to try a fajita mix in my next ones. Leave any comments or suggestions for new recipes to try below, come share them with me on Twitter or of course if you'd like to see more recipes, reviews and recommendations you can follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin!

Until next time folks, mashin' tatties.

H.Elizabeth x

3 comments:

  1. Potato skins are my absolute favourite and these ones look incredible! Chorizo and chicken to boot... I'm so there ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely for comfort snacking, and you can literally have whatever you want in them, next on my agenda is garlic and herb chicken with cheese or even chilli!

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig