Thursday 5 March 2015

Aberdeen Events | Colour Me Rad 5K



Hello everyone, I'm back with another Aberdeen event announcement that I am pleased to report I will be attending and taking part in with one of my nearest and dearests and that is the Colour Me Rad 5K Run.
 
As I understnad Colour Me Rad have been around for quite a while now, taking their events all over the UK and inspiring similar events all over the world but we have never had one take place in Aberdeen until this year and I am super excited to be a part of it (although due to popular demand I almost wasn't!) The basic premise behind the run is a celebration of colour, positivity and fitness, unlike other 5K runs, Colour Me Rad fire off blazes of colour canons, colour bombs and mortar at intervals throughout, decorating your city (as well as your clothes, hair, face and everything else) with all the colours of the rainbow.
 
Registration cost £20 and with that you get a tshirt, a pair of 'rad' sunglasses, a temporary tattoo and a colour bomb (received at the end of the run) to throw at your friends and family to spread some colour and joy (although if someone cuts me off or is rude they may get this in the fizog) A portion of the proceeds go to a local charity in each location and in Aberdeen's case this is Northsound's Cash For Kids. This years race takes part on the 6th of June at the Beach Boulevard, and if this sounds like something you're interested in attending be sure to book your place ASAP as spaces are selling fast!
 
In the past I have taken part  in many runs, races and 10K runs but none like this, and I am really looking forward to it on the day if it isn't raining of course then it's just like that sad bit in Mary Poppin's where Bert's chalk drawings wash away! For more information and dates for Colour Me Rad visit their website.
 
Until next time folks, colouring myself rad!
 
H.Elizabeth x

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun! Good Luck!!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really looking forward to it! Thank you for the comment.

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to be doing this too! Looks like so much fun :)

    - Laura xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig