Friday 17 July 2015

Beauty How To | How to (correctly) apply false eyelashes

Lets be honest folks, this post has been a long time coming. It seems these days I can't go anywhere without somebody asking me how to apply falsies from friends and family members to the girl washing my hair at the hairdressers. So I thought given the increase in you folks asking I would do a quickie tutorial to give you a little helping hand and I can almost promise you that by following these simple steps you'll be lash wearing pros!

Often I find people say to me, 'Oh I just CAN'T put on false eyelashes, can you do it for me?' and instead of doing it for them (as this serves to be even more difficult - imagine someone coming towards your eyeball with glue and something furry...) I actually watch them try to apply them to see where they're going wrong, and usually it's nothing to do with the actual application of the lash but the duration of the glue setting time that appears to be the issue. So today I'm going to act as lash guru extraordinaire and talk you through just how to apply false eyelashes without the faff!


Now just before I get in to the nitty gritty here are some relatively common sense tips I have learned (often the hard way) Never put glue directly on to your natural lashes or lid, if you are going to be wearing eye make up that day apply it prior to your lashes and touch up afterwards, for a more natural look I recommend putting a thin layer of black liner along your lash line and finally always make sure the smaller lashes on the line are along your inner corner.  Pick your lashes and you're all set to go.

1. Carefully remove the lashes from the lash tray, most people recommend taking them off directly with tweezers but I pick gently at the corners of the lashes until they wiggle free. (You otherwise risk yanking clumps of the lashes off thus ruining your lashes before application)

2. Shake the small glue you will have been given as it can be quite runny in consistency when you first open it. Apply a relatively thin line of glue to the lash line only, you should have as much for it to be noticeable but not dripping off. Put the lash down on a clean and clear counter space then apply your glue to the other lash. (Giving the glue a chance to dry ever so slightly and become 'tacky')

3. Hold your first glued lash in the middle of the last and place along the centre of your natural lash securing that along your original lash line. Adjust according to your own lash line and press down gently. To adjust it slightly when secure you can push the inner and outer corner - it shouldn't come off but it will make the lashes more comfortable. Repeat the process with your second lash and you're good to go!

Stage 2 is usually where most people go wrong and they often think the sticky mess they've created all over their face and lashes is because they are missing a steady hand but the trick really is getting things right with the glue. These tips should work on all types of lashes you buy in store but just for disclaimer purposes I am using Eyelure Limited Edition Enchanted in the style 'Poise' at the moment, I use these on a near daily basis and if taken care of properly these will last me for about a month.

Okay guys I really hope you have found this 'how to' guide helpful in some way, shape or form and of course I would love to see your eyelash efforts so be sure to share your thoughts, tricks and tips in the comments below, come share your experiences with me on Twitter or of course if you'd like to see more from me you can follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, batting my perfectly applied lashes.

H.Elizabeth

9 comments:

  1. Yep! I'm one of those that can't apply false eyelashes properly! I used to get eyelash extensions and a week later my right eye still had a full set and my left would be looking really sparse with about 4 or 5 lashes left. Gave up after a while and just put up with my short eyelashes. Next time I get falsies I will let the glue dry a bit before applying as I think that's where I've been going wrong :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I once got fed up of my strip lashes and thought lash extensions were the way to go, but boy was I wrong! Strip lashes while they're not 'good' for your lashes of course but they are 100 x better than extensions. Let me know how you get on, I'd love to know if this tutorial has been helpful.

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  2. Thank you soo much for your tips!!

    www.theweekdaypost.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came from your most recent post Hannah and wondered if you had any tips about cleaning lashes? I had no idea they could actually be reused! I hardly ever buy them as they seem like a bit of a waste for just one night but if I could get good at application *and* storage it may be worth learning!


    http://victoriaspongepeasepudding.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Victoria,

      I've actually got a post coming on lash maintenance shortly but my top tips would be to carefully peel the glue off after every use and if they look as if they're wilting spritz them with an alcohol solution and that will also help kill any bacteria :)

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  4. Thanks! Will look out for it, just discovered your blog and loving it :)


    http://victoriaspongepeasepudding.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love watching Dancing with the stars, the actresses and actors that joins it are nice:: do my eyelashes grow back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the event that it stalled out, at that point you have lashes that are stuck together that can prompt changeless lash misfortune. In the event that the lashes are isolated, at that point there's nothing you have to stress over. Eyelash care

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig