Friday 9 January 2015

Benefit Brow Bar Experience | Bene Wow!

Attack of the caterpillars!!! Which to you may not sound like much of a horror movie, but when they're on your face, trust me every day turns into a nightmare. It started with one... one unruly hair sprouting just below my perfectly formed brows courtesy of a Dundee salon a couple of months ago, plucked and on with my life, only to be replaced with two unruly hairs, much like Hydra, cut off one head and two will take its place, and so on and so forth... Okay so I may be getting a little dramatic in my ripe old age but would you really want to read any other type of introduction to my first ever Benefit Brow Bar experience?! 


It was actually the day before New Year's Eve (the eve of New Year's Eve if you will) I decided to try and get my brows tamed at the Benefit Brow Bar, because the night before I had noticed how out of control I had allowed them to get and since we had a family party  for New Year I really just needed to regain some order on my face. Of course being a Benefit Brow virgin I had no idea whether or not it was based on a first come first serve deal or if it was an appointment in advance system, so I did panic a little bit and thought I was destined to welcome the New Year with neanderthal brow!

Alas, the stars aligned, the odds were in my favour, basically it was meant to be and I was able to get booked in as soon as I finished work which was great. I chose to visit their Boots Brow Bar as I have unfortunately heard a few horror stories about the one in our local Debenhams and I wasn't altogether keen to undertake damage control so close to our party date, sorry Debenhams! 


Brand new brows - Bene Wow indeed

The store was really quiet when I went in which was a relief as I've never fancied feeling like a zoo animal getting my brows waxed etc. but the area the Boots Bon Accord brow bar is actually in a nice spot away from crowds. The girl who was doing my brows that evening was so lovely and I'm really sad I didn't get her name as we had a nice little chin wag while I was there. First obviously I had my brow filler from the day removed, cleaned, prepped and primed all ready for the tint to go on. Every time I have my brows done I really just ask for the same colour as my hair is at the time, which at the moment is a rich auburn colour, so really I only ask for a medium brown, this was all over and done in 3 minutes, which we were alerted of being fished by an alarm, courtesy of a very cute little benefit brow alarm clock, so on with the waxing!

I'm not sure why, but this time I felt a bit more sensitive to the waxing process and I'm pretty sure I let out a couple of winces, but really I think they were just a bit more thorough at Benefit than the salon I visited in Dundee, which can only really be a good thing. I would say the entire process took about 10 - 15 minutes, given I was being a bit yappy and chatty with the Benefit girly and I have to say I have never been more chuffed with my eyebrow shape! To cover the redness I was offered some of the 'Boing' concealer to cover up the freshly waxed areas, which I was told has sort of clean, antiseptic qualities and that's why you can use that to cover up straight after a fresh wax, but unfortunately this meant going around sans filled in brows which I dislike, however the shape and tint made it all worth it.

The cost was £18.00 for the tint and wax, and I was given a little card from them which means if I continue to go and get my brows done with them and collect, I think 8 or 10 stamps I get a free tint and wax, yay! So I will definitely be going back, in fact I was so excited and happy with my brows that I text my brow buddy, Lisa, straight away to tell her to go get hers done there too! (Eyebrows are kind of our 'thing')

I was so excited to debut my new brows at our New Year's Eve party and play about with my little brow palette at home that it was actually my favourite part of my New Year's Eve party routine! Have you guys ever had an experience like this with Benefit or even another company that you just couldn't wait to share? Be sure to share your thoughts, experiences and comments below, or of course I'd love for you to come chat with me about them on Twitter or of course if you'd like to see more from me, myself and I, be sure to follow me on Bloglovin

Until next time folks.

H.Elizabeth x

10 comments:

  1. I only ever get my brows done at Benefit. They are simply the best :-) You are a fellow #scottishbloggers
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will now never go anywhere else, I was so chuffed with their professionalism, technique and of course their results! Always lovely to meet a fellow Scottish blogger I'll be sure to pop over to visit your blog soon! :)

      Hannah xx

      http://granitecitygirlblog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a really awesome experience (: I don't really do anything to my brows since they are so thick and unruly I just tend to leave them alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky and felt pampered still reaping the results too. Your eyebrows look like a naturally great shape, but if you're ever fed up you know where you can try :)

      Hannah xx

      http://granitecitygirlblog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. Oooh I didn't know the Boots one did tinting and waxing! I was meant to go to the Debenhams one on my birthday to get a free wax, but I was really ill so didn't go, kinda glad if you've heard stories!
    I think I'll give the Boots one a go, I decided to take matters into my own hands and butchered my poor eyebrows the other day :(

    Hannah
    BananaBeauty
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no, there's nothing worse! I saw myself going that way with my set of tweezers and really had to stop myself before I made a huge mistake, but the Boots Benefit are always so much friendlier and it sound strange but I think I find it's because the girls in Debenhams are too driven by sales over what the customer actually needs help with.

      Hannah xx

      Delete
  4. That's so awesome, We don't have benefit brow bars around here, but I went to this new place called Browtique near me and they were really good. Your brows look great!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , it is the most chuffed I have been with them in a long time. It's also great to find an alternative to the mainstream brow bars and beauty salons in the UK though and there are plenty of gems around.

      Hannah xx

      http://granitecitygirlblog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. My eyebrows are awful, I should really consider going to the Benefit brow bar, I'm just a bit scared! The one by mine always has people walking past too which is slightly off putting!

    The Naily Mail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can be quite daunting, but really they're worth the 10 minutes of embarrassment and zoo animal feelings, but there are some fab boutiques that offer similar brow shaping you've just got to find who makes you most comfortable I think that's the most important thing.

      Hannah xx

      http://granitecitygirlblog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig