Friday 30 January 2015

Family Addition | Nikon DSLR 3200

Hello everyone, I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce you to our homes latest technological addition because she will be featuring a great deal on this little space here, introducing my new and improved camera, the Nikon DSLR 3200.


 As you guys probably figured I'm not much of a photography whiz, especially if some of the pictures on this blog as of late are anything to go on, truth be told I didn't have a camera whatsoever, with my good old digis having been claimed by natural disasters (in this case clumsiness) I have since been making use of my trusty iPhone 4 and iPad, both of which have worked wonders in keeping up to date with all of you guys, making blogging on the go that much easier and of course reading all about you and keeping up with your wonderful blogging spaces, and of course they will continue to serve these purposes.

It wasn't a spur of the moment decision by all means and I'm not at all implying that you need high quality images on a blog in order to gain readers or be successful in your chosen niche, equipped with a good quality writing style and blogging know how you really can achieve anything, this really has been more about personal preference and a desire to improve upon a much loved skill. With traveling and many many life events on the horizon for the coming year it only seemed natural that I am able to document them on something other than a fuzzy wee screen which has been tried and tested memory wise.

Now when I'm going to spend a great deal of money on something I like to weigh up my options, review, research and discuss every little thing with my family just to ensure I am making the right decision. For example I am a big believer in reviews, and sad as it sounds if I see a product, place or restaruant with one negative review on a reputable site I tend to write them off immediately (especially if a holiday is concerned - shopping for our upcoming Paris hotel was certainly a process I can tell you!)

Nikon DSLR 3200 Features
Having read a lot of reviews on this camera before buying it I found out that it is one of the best entry level DSLR cameras for beginners and admittedly I am a novice. Previously I had taken a photography module in college but it has literally not served me at all in the real world (it revolved around old school film cameras and dark rooms,  not enjoyable I tell you) But the reviews for this camera seemed seriously impressive and the features sounded ideal for my purposes, mainly traveling, documenting memories and of course blogging.

  • 24.2 Megapixels
  • Auto focus and Manual options
  • 9 point auto focus
  • Optical viewfinder
  • 4 self timer options
  • Max pic resolution 6016x4000p
  • Video mode with sound
  • Wide range of effects and exposure modes

Granted this camera will definitely take some playing around with before I am completely comfortable in shooting with ease but I'm looking forward to toddling along and figuring it out. I'd quite like to build up  a collection of what I call 'investment pieces' this year....step two...designer handbag (maybe) But of course I am looking forward to getting some beautiful shots when we go to Paris this coming May and Tuscany in August  (if weather and my skill set by that time permits) and who knows what in between!

This was really just to introduce you to my new investment piece and the equipment that will hopefully help me blog more efficiently and I do hope you notice a more positive change in the next few months! Of course if any of you have any pointers for handling this type of camera I'm all ears, I always think guides from real people are far better than the written ones especially since you've been sitting playing about with settings and it's really all about what makes you feel comfortable. If you do have any suggestions or just want to say something about this type of camera in general be sure to drop me a comment below, come share your words of wisdom with me on Twitter, or if you'd like to see more from me and this blog be sure to follow me on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, head's buried in the instruction manual.

H.Elizabeth xx



2 comments:

  1. I have a mirrorless camera for my blog, and I wish it was mentioned more in the blogosphere. It's compact like a point and shoot and takes DSLR quality pictures! I :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the range that are available, I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with it a bit more!

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig