Sunday 16 November 2014

Domestic Goddess | Mini Baked Oreo Cheesecakes

Now even though I have been making a solid attempt to eat a little bit better to shed a few lbs. for the festivities, this doesn't mean I'm going to give up some of my sweet stuffs! And I always think making something nasty yourself is better than buying it in, hey at least you know how it's being made and what's going into it!
So today I thought I would share one of my most recent culinary successes, if I do say so myself, in the form of bite size (depending on you gob size) Oreo Cheesecakes.




Now these are not good if you're looking for a quick sweet fix as you will need to refrigerate these over night, but these are perfect for an after dinner treat! 

What you'll need (equipment wise)
2 large bowls
Wooden Spoon
Paper or Silicone Cupcake Cases
Something to weigh out your ingredients (it's surprising how often people forget this)

What you'll need (foodie wise)
400g Philadelphia Light
75g Caster Sugar (I use silver spoon)
2 Medium Eggs
12 Oreo Cookies (keep extra if you like crunch)
110g Milk Chocolate (or any kind of chocolate you like)
A couple of tbsps of Philadelphia Cadburys Chocolate

What you need to do
For the Cheesecakes
  1. Preheat your oven to 180oC and beat the Philadelphia, caster sugar in a bowl until completely blended (Philly goes funny when you mix it, you'll understand when you see it) Add your eggs, one at a time, stirring until fully blended again.
  2. Place one cookie in the bottom of each casing, and if you like a bit of crunch in your cheesecake I suggest crumbling up some of your cookie biscuits into your cheesecake mix. Now fill your cases evenly with batter.
  3. Bake in the oven for 18 - 20 minutes until your centres are almost set. Cool these on your cooker top and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. I recommend doing these over night though just to be sure. 
  4.  
For the chocolate topped fondant (to be done after refrigeration)
  1.  Using a plastic bowl over a pan of boiling water melt your milk chocolate (or any chocolate     you so choose)
  2. Once your chocolate has fully melted add a dollop of your Cadburys philadelphia, don't panic it will not look like its going well.
  3. Add enough philly and it should roll into a fondant chocolatey ball which you can take off of the heat and leave to cool a little before dolloping on top of your cheesecakes and leaving to set.
And that's all there is to it, they are so delicious, and not good for you but you know you've got to treat yourself sometimes!


If you do or have given this recipe a try before please let me know how it went or if you'd even like to share some similar recipes drop me a comment below, come tell me about them on Twitter or if you'd like to see more beauty and lifestyle posts make sure you keep up with me on Bloglovin.


Happy baking folks!

H.Elizabeth x

2 comments:

Blogger template by pipdig