Sunday 23 November 2014

Beauty Haul | Pre Christmas Party Ready Treat

Every time I know I have to save for something I seem to spend more than ever. Having just booked our holiday for next year and with a good few birthdays and of course Christmas looming you'd think I'd exercise some self discipline! But alas it was not meant to be, unfortunately my route home happens to force me through Aberdeen's Union Square shopping centre and who can resist the twinkly lights and the special offers of their stores, especially after a long day at work AND with the cold weather coming in?!

Does anybody else do this? act as their own bank account saboteur when they know they really shouldn't? I suppose it's just my vice, I was quite restrained at one time but let's face it those days appear to be long long gone!

So now around £50 down and a good few products up, I thought I would be proactive, productive and pro product and share my latest buys with you.

Apologies for poor quality pics - teccy troubles!

Bourjois Délice de Poudre (RRP £7.99)
At the weekends especially I've been trying to experiment a little bit more with make up and of course with one of the biggest trends of the year being to perfect that Kardashian contouring routine I thought I'd give that a bash. When I was in Boots I saw this palette and thought it was perfect as a contouring and highlighting tool, stay tuned for my thoughts and review as I have yet to have a play about with it!

Eyelure Katy Perry 'Bangin Beauty' lashes (RRP £5.95)
As you'll know if you've been keeping up with my wishlists for the past couple of months I have been on the hunt for Katy Perry Party Lashes and as I think I may have missed the boat with the glitzy glam ones with the sparkles and studs I thought I would compromise and add these to my collection instead. I think these will be perfect for party season and they offer a middle ground to my current collection, as I have the Sweetie Pie lashes which are slightly shorter and a bit more sparse, I have the Lovely Lolita which look like spaced out medium lash clusters and finally I have the Feline Fierce which are long, thick, full and have a wee flick at the ends. These are a medium length full lash which as I said are a fab middle ground!

Goody Dent-Less Waves Foam Rollers (RRP £10.99)
Boots Essentials Sleep In Rollers (RRP £5.19)
My go to look when I'm dressing for a special occassion is to sit with slightly damp hair up in my massive rollers for about half an hour and then blast them with some heat to achieve that Cheryl-esque volume we all often crave. But if I'm honest I'm looking to inject a little bit of glamour and style into my everyday look so I have invested in these sleep in foam rollers to achieve this on a daily basis and to avoid heat damage to my hair. I got this idea from watching Becca Rose's vlog on how she achieved her lovely curls and volume on a daily basis and I really liked it and thought hey why not give it a bash (link to her video just below in case you are curious)
Becca Rose Video - Overnight Heatless Curls Using Primark Sponge Rollers

Tres Emme Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque(£5.50)
Of course it goes without saying the Winter weather isn't often the kindest to our hair, mine for example is looking a little lack lustre, full of split ends and just feels generally damaged in the cold. And of course you can't very well experiment with your hair if it isn't in great condition (unless of course full frizz is your thing) And well Tres Emme has never let me down in the past and with the description of this item being, 'intensive rescue for unruly, frizz-prone hair. This masque deeply replenishes each strand for unbelievable salon-smoothness.' I suppose we shall just have to wait and see.

After writing this post for you guys I must say I do actually feel a little bit better about having spent so much this close to Christmas, I mean I was able to justify all of these products... right? And I just want to say before saying goodbye for the day that I do apologise for the pics for this post, perhaps Santa will bring me enough money to treat myself to some new photo taking products....

Guys once again I hope you've enjoyed this post, if you've tried any of the products above or of course if I've missed a trick please let me know in the comments below, I love chatting to you guys about new and great products on Twitter or of course if you'd just like to keep up with my latests do come find me on Bloglovin!

Until next time folks

H.Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig