Wednesday 19 November 2014

What I Wore | I Wanna See Your Peacock

If there's one thing my nearest and dearest know about me it's that I rarely have a night on the town. I'm afraid I'm an old soul who would sooner cuddle up with my iPad and a mint tea than live big in the city after dark. But on those rare occasions when I do find myself at a 'perty' I do like to make more of an effort, so I thought I would share with you guys my most recent outfit for hitting the town.

What I wore on my body

I didn't want to go too OTT with my outfit for this particular evening as it was beginning as a games night so I thought something you can dress up or down was most appropriate and I came up with this wee number.

L - Full Length Peacock Dress. R - Close up dress pattern

Peacock Dress - New Look
My friend actually spotted this dress on a weekend away to Edinburgh and promptly put it down, which I was in shock and awe of since I found it so beautiful. Due mainly to the pattern, the shape and suit to my body was a simple bonus. The pattern is a monochrome peacock print with accents of red in the centre, a great pop of colour that would do well with some red flats on a day out or some red heels for an evening (which I don't have!) 

What I wore on my feet

Black Stilettos - H&M
Never underestimate the power of a plain black heel in classing up a casual outfit, since losing my usual, comfy black stilettos due to general wear and tear I have been at a bit of a loss when it comes to my heel collection and funnily enough H&M had the answer. I never expected H&M stilettos to be quite as comfortable as these but they are my new go to shoes for a long evening out. Since I can NEVER find a size 3 shoe in New Look anymore I think I will be visiting them quite a bit more now.

What I wore on my head and face 

This was one of  my more experimental looks of the past few weeks and I have to say I was pretty darn chuffed with how it all turned out (I have since tried to repeat this phenomenon to no avail) I found it was very bouffant 1960's, not quite the trend of the moment but hey sometimes who cares it's all about what works for you!

Hair and make up look
How I wore my hair

Voluminous Curly Wurly Do - Rollers and Heat Tools
So to achieve this look I used my huge velcro rollers and applied them to slightly (VERY slightly or it'll take ages to dry) and left them on my head for about an hour. I then blasted them with really hot air from my hairdrier and then quickly swapped to the cold setting to allow your hair to hold that sort of style. After taking the rollers out I brushed it out and then curled the ends of my hair only and then backcomb backcomb backcomb (SO bad for your hair so I'm not endorsing this for you guys at all) I loved the way my hair came out for the evening as I got a lot of depth and texture to it by styling it this way, and with the right amount of hairspray it really did last (until the long walk home!)


How I made up my face

Eyes - 
L'Oreal Colour Riche Liner in Charcoal
MUA Charcoal, Silver and Shimmer White Eyeshadow Trio
Benefit's They're Real Mascara (top and lower lash)
Katy Perry Lashes by Eyelure (Feline Fierce Lashes)
Brows -

Sleek Brow Kit in Medium
General Face Area -

Arbonne Make up Primer
MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation
Rimmel Natual Bronzer (Contouring)
Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (Highlight)
Blush by George at Asda (A hidden beauty gem)
Lips -
MAC Hip 'N' Happy Lip Pencil
Clinique in Mighty Mimosa


This is obviously not what I would wear on a daily basis I usually don't wear foundation or concealer or anything on my face for a general working day but you know when you've got so much make up and an occassion is coming up you just can't help but play with it sometimes.

Let me know what you guys think of this look I hope it has inspired you to go and have an experiment and play about with your own looks! Or of course if you have any tips, pointers or comments be sure to leave them below, otherwise and as always you can catch me on Twitter or if you'd like to see more of my latests keep up with me on Bloglovin



Until next time folks!


H.Elizabeth x

4 comments:

  1. Love this dress, really pretty and a bit different. Also your make up/face looks beautiful. Love the lip colour, and those eyelashes are awesome!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a pity I haven't been able to recreate this look since that evening! I suppose it was one of those fluke make up days. The eyelashes are my favourites from my vast and growing collection!

      Hannah (Granite City Girl) x


      Delete
  2. Now that's interesting- I've always liked the pattern on the feathers

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great sense of writing I must say. Your post has those facts which are not accessible from anywhere else. It’s my humble request to u please keep writing such remarkable articles Vouchers Code UK

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig