Monday 10 March 2014

What I Wore | An Evening with Jamie (Oliver)

Over the weekend my better half and I attended a meal with family at our local Jamie Olivers restaurant so I thought I would get that little bit more dressed up than I'm used to and share one of my rare wardrobe successes with you.

The evening demanded room for expansion (in the waistline) and a sophisticated style for a lady looking to dine in style...and grace where possible!

What I wore on my body
Vest - Black Scalloped edge vest, Topshop
Belt - Oldie, favey belt which I cannot remember where I bought it from!
Midi Skirt - Monochrome Leopard Print Midi, Internationale (new bargain buy only £3, and note the elasticated waist skillfully hidden with a clinching belt)
Tights - Supercosy Tights, Asda

What I wore on my feet

Pumps - Guilty of yet another purchase of a pair of pumps, rationalized due to the heavy rain and soaked feet I got from walking to the shopping centre! New Look £8 Sale

What I wore on my head and face

Head - Loosely curled hair with that terrible fringey bit pinned back! Although due to our rather unfortunate climate in the North East my hair ended up in a high pony by our main course!
Face - Attempting a more 'natural look'
L'Oreal 24hr Infallible Make up (Porcelain)
Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer (new love, in fair)
Eyes - Trying to go easy on the eyes too!
L'Oreal Colour Riche Pencil (Black)
L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara (Black)

Thankfully, I didn't bloat, my hair looked fab in it's restyled makeshift pony pinned up in the lovely bathrooms of Mr Oliver and overall I had a lovely evening. Hopefully the lack of make up will come back to me in a good way, I've been drinking more water, moisturizing religiously, exfoliating everyday and attempting to get more sleep, so my skin better thank me for my near naked face!

I hope you have enjoyed the first March 'what I wore' post of the Granite City Girl blog, I'd love to see your recent bargain buys and fashion finds as of late, so be sure to drop me a comment below, catch me on Twitter or if you like what you've read so far, keep up to date with my latest post on Bloglovin!

H.Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig