Thursday 27 March 2014

#Nomakeupselfie | Doing Your Bit

Hello everyone, so a week has passed since the #nomakeupselfiefor cancer swept the social media sphere throughout the UK at least, and if you don't know what I'm yapping about, where have you been?

Not only were those of you who took to the internets snapping pics of your faces au naturale, the majority I could see were even donating generously raising over a staggering £8m in a little over a week AND COUNTING for Cancer Research! As a PR and Communication student I was incredibly impressed that a campaign like this has had such an effect and it just goes to show the power we hold as internet users and social media sharers!

So today I would like to share with you what I plan on doing in aid of various charities this year.

(The first time I have appeared au naturale on the line, feeling good for charity)

Race for Life 10K
Last year my friend and I took part in another event in aid of cancer, one I'm sure you're all familiar with, the Race for Life 10k. For all of you ladies out there who have yet to participate in the Race for Life 5 or 10K run, it is a fantastic atmosphere where there is a real community sense and it a lot of fun. Being healthy and helping charity is a great boost and we were eventually able to raise over £200.00 to help beat cancer!

Baker Hughes 10K
This one is a race that is a little different and one more specific to Aberdeen over a UK wide run. It is called the Baker Hugues Running Festival and is not held for a specific charity but rather participants are given the opportunity to choose a charity which is close to them personally. So I intend to run for either a heart disease charity or lung disease as these are causes closer to my family which I always feel go unnoticed by the media. I have never taken part in the Baker Hughes Running Festival before but I am really pleased to be able to run for a cause which I have chosen myself.

Unfortunately this is all I have planned for my Summer sponsor activities, the Baker Hughes 10K is in May and the Race for Life in June, so I've given myself a bit of a challenge here but I am determined to raise over £100.00 per run, if you are feeling so inclined and generous this evening here is my Just Giving page for the Race for Life 10K.

What do you guys do for charity, and are there any specifically close to your hearts? Drop me a comment below, come chat with me on Twitter or if you'd like to keep up with the latest Granite City posts follow this blog on Bloglovin.

Stay generous everyone
H. Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig