Monday 3 March 2014

Garnier | Cleanser and Toner Review

I have made the move! After a little bit of badgering from my skin conscious friend (you know who you are) I finally gave in and made the move from my trusty old make up wipes to a healthier skin cleanser and toner for removing my make up and daily pampering.

I've always found the thought of implementing a cleanser and a toner into my skincare routine quite a daunting idea as I can be quite lazy with my skin, previously only using a Simple Skin make up wipe and an all purpose face moisturizer, however as you may know my skin has been rather lack lustre as of late and I've been battling a fair few blemishes. So enough is enough and I have bought myself a cleanser and toner and I thought I would share with you how I feel about them thus far.



The Cleanser
Garnier Skin Naturals Sofening Cleansing Lotion, Goodbye Dry
I was recommended this cleanser by a fellow beauty blogger on Twitter sometime last month so I thought I would give this a whirl. I chose the softening cleanser for people with dry skin because I've been getting a fair few unsightly dry skin patches and blemishes, so as well as removing my make up better to kill two birds and nourish at the same time. On my first use of the cleanser I hated it in comparison to make up wipes especially for removing my mascara unfortunately I used a little too much and hurt myself....the shame! But I have to admit it gave my skin a fantastic feel once I was finished which I ultimately what I was aiming for. Since my first use I have mastered the art of not blinding myself with being over zealous so I can reap all of the benefits with none of the horrible fiddly bits!

The Toner 
Garnier Skin Naturals Refreshing Toner, Start Afresh
As I shower in the evenings after taking off my make up I used my cleanser straight out of the shower and prior to using my moisturizer and it gave my skin a lovely clean feel and I could really feel the toner getting into my pores and working its magic. If I had any criticisms I would say that personally I ought to have gone for a toner which was more suitable for dry skin as I felt it kind of undone the doings of the cleanser!

Overall the cleanser and toner routine isn't as bad as I had first thought, I really think now that I can see the benefits of using these over make up wipes it definitely gives me a fantastic incentive not to be too lazy when it comes to my face.

Do any of you have any skincare tips you would like to share, or have you tried any skincare products you have been loving lately? As you know I love hearing from you so drop me a comment below, come chat with me on Twitter or if you want to keep up to date with my latest blog posts come follow me on Bloglovin!

H.Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I was exactly the same, just a makeup wipe girl and these were the products that I decided to make my move into skin care with (although I bought the matching pink toner rather than the blue one).

    I love them, but my laziness still keeps winning and find myself reaching for the wipes. I really want to break the habit and get into using the Garnier religiously because I loved how it felt after just one day!! x

    http://somethinglikenicola.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my many beauty resolutions this year! I've been doing not too bad so far but I can feel a slip coming with my dissertation getting more and more intense!

    xX

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig