Wednesday 4 May 2016

The Body Shop | Oils of Life facial oil review


How doust I live without thee, one would like to know! Every time I finish one of my much loved beauty products I do tend to channel a little LeAnne Rimes, because honestly, how do I live?! And that is just the emotional roller-coaster I boarded when my favourite, show stopper of a facial oil ran out last week and it ain't even pay day!

Now if you're an avid reader you'll know that way way back in around October I attended a beauty bloggers event at my local Body Shop where I got the chance to sample their then brand new spa range as well as test out a few new upcoming products, i.e. their fresh nude foundation which I am still a strong advocate of! There I came away with what you could call a plethora of products, from exfoliators, to foundations, bath potions and lotions and of course this, my Oils of Life rejuvenating facial oil.

Admittedly when oils first became 'a thing' in the beauty sphere during the last year or so, I was sceptical, I felt like it was the chance for big corporations to jump on the bandwagon and try to sell me a product I simply didn't need, and oil on my face? Come on guys sometimes my face already looks like a slip n slide and I didn't need anything helping that along. But despite my cynicisms I gave it a bash anyway, and guys... it has CHANGED MY LIFE... or, well at the very least my face!

It's a common misconception that facial oils are only made for people with normal or dry skin but this isn't the case at all, in fact one of the main reasons you'll find you have oily skin is because your body is creating more and more as it doesn't have enough, enter facial oils. Oils of life could really help balance out your skin, whether it's not enough oil, an excess of oil, or if you're just looking for a more luxe treat for your skin, you've come to the right place!

With a natural origin of 99% and infused with 3 seed oils from across the globe, (black cumin, camellia and rosehip) the product has a super lightweight, luxe feel to it that doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or in need of a good wash afterwards. Now whether or not this really does reduce the signs of ageing remains to be seen, but I can tell you I have successfully moved house, survived Christmas and all of the family / work dramas under the sun without gaining a single wrinkle. Coincidence? I think not!

For me this works best just after cleansing, so I cleanse with a balm in the morning, put on my oil and then follow with my usual moisturiser / primer / make up routine, and again in the evening just after I shower. I find the oil helps my moisturiser sink into my skin that bit better and I don't have to wait as long to jump in with my usual make up faves. And speaking of make up, mine has been sitting better than ever since investing in an oil so #noregrets!

If you're thinking of investing in a good solid facial oil, the Body Shop have got you covered and I just love the service they provide in my local at least. I walked away previously with a new skin care regime, that admittedly I did tailor a little when I got home but nonetheless felt very content with following their suggestions.

Until next time folks, that's it from me and my wrinkle free (for now) face!

H.Elizabeth x


1 comment:

  1. That's a fab tip I'm going to try that out for the next week or so see how I get on!

    Hannah | Granite City Girl x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig