Wednesday 25 May 2016

Kylie Jenner Lip Kits | First impressions


Yes, sue me, I fell for the hype, yet again, and you know something? I don't regret anything (#noregrets #YOLO) So yes, I stayed up until midnight, yes I furiously typed my card details in at a pace that would make roadrunner puff, and okay yes I put up with the cray, cray shipping charges that cosmetics from America tend to cost all to purchase not one, not two, but three of Kylie Jenner's much coveted lip kits.

After trying a couple of times previously and having my items removed from the basket due to sell outs at the final hurdle I admit I wasn't holding out much hope to get all three shades I had been after, but funnily enough I managed (much to my husband and bank balances dismay!) *Quick tip, I managed to bag mine quite quickly and easily, with time to spare it seemed as I went for the older colours the day Kourt K was released so that might help a little if you're still trying to get yours.  

This time around I got my hands on Dolce K, Koko K and Mary Jo K, all of which were just different enough for me to justify buying all three! Another word of advice, never ladies and gentleman, base your purchases on the colour swatches you see online. I learned this as all three shades look so much more intense and darker on my pale skin tone, which I had expected anyway so it wasn't an unpleasant surprise. Mary Jo K is a red rose red, Dolce K is what I would have expected of True Brown but can be described as a milky coffee and Koko K is a coffee pink colour which I think is my favourite so far!

Now does the formula hold up? In short yes, the wear on these lipsticks and their liners (buttery AF) is incredible, they last all day without needing a top up (as long as you're not oiling your lips up!) and they look fantastic all day too. As with any and all liquid lipsticks they're not magical! So you do have to exfoliate and moisturise your lips properly to give yourself as smooth a base as possible for application, that way you ensure your lips will stay beautiful and pout perfect all day long.

Overall I'm really really pleased with these liquid lipsticks, they're the best and least drying formula I've tried thus far, they look fantastic and they're less than the cost of a MAC lipstick and liner (and that was with postage!). I'm a little concerned with running out of the liner a little prematurely but I hear liners may be in the works to being sold individually as well as in the kits and my only other concern is when the hell I can get my hands on more!!!!

Have you been able to get your hands on a Kylie Lip Kit? What are your thoughts on them, I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to leave your mind in the comments below, come share them with me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram even, or if you'd like to keep up with the Kylie Jenner lip kit addicts you can follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, obsessed!

H.Elizabeth x

2 comments:

  1. They look so good on you! I'm a little disappointed that the one I managed to buy seems to be the dud of the lot (typical) but I'm definitely going to be in line for purchasing a couple of the good ones soon.
    What do you think of the one she announced today? I love it but reckon it would probably make us pale girls look like Morticia :-/.

    Aj xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just managed to get my hands on 22, Posie K and Heir but I haven't tried that last one yet as it's metallic and not sure just how wearable it will be for work! I think Majesty looks beautiful but not for me, I'd rather it was a matte black colour but this one looks a bit too navy blue for me and that just wouldn't suit me!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig