Monday 7 September 2015

Vroom Vroom | We bought a car!



Checking in with you on this very special day to update you on yet another little Granite City life moment or perhaps more appropriately another little life milestone, which as you can undoubtedly tell from the title of this post involves the purchase of our very first motor vehicle!

For us this has been quite a long time coming, we have been relying on our parents to cart us out and about for our weekly shop and just day trips in general and as we are currently in the works of moving home, we really just thought it was time to make a commitment and take a plunge as it were and buy our very own form of vehicular transportation in the form of our wee Ford Fiesta.

As many of you may already know I do not hold a drivers license but we are currently working on that, I have taken driving lessons a couple of years ago but due to university and work commitments I just couldn't find the time to squeeze in lessons and of course the financial strain back then with my part time job was a bit too much so unfortunately I had to stop. But I'm really looking forward to getting back behind the wheel in the next few months and as from now I'll be focusing most of my spare time and energy on swotting up for my theory test (which I had also past and has now expired - drats!)

All I want to say to end this very brief post is that we want to thank my Dad for carting us about for these last few years and your advice, without which we'd still be scratching our heads looking at Gumtree and of course  Neil from Arnold Clark in Aberdeen for his incredible patience and helping us in getting the best deal possible in our search.

Until next time folks, I'm being driven round the bend.

H.Elizabeth x

2 comments:

  1. Ah congrats! I know exactly what you mean about the drivers licence, I was the exact same. Life and money just get in the way...I can drive, just not legally haha. Happy driving together! Lots of road trips I'm sure xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes that's what I always say too, I'd like ideally to get my theory all done by Christmas then tackle driving after thats all done and dusted, trying to learn from my mistakes and do one thing at a time! So far the most adventurous trip we've had has been to a Burger King that wasn't local!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig