Wednesday 9 September 2015

Autumn in Aberdeen | Granite City Girls Wardrobe Staples


As you guys could probably tell by now I have pretty simple tastes when it comes to fashion, I rarely experiment with prints, bold colours or new and 'innovative' styles, which usually come in the form of sausage casing like crop tops with some terrifying looking embellishment. No I'm afraid these things are simply not for me, and you can trust me when I say I have tried, my goodness have I tried! It used to be very much that I was pretty embarrassed by my chronically monotone wardrobe thinking there must be something wrong with me before I favour black leather and a vest in summer over a floral print cropped piece of nonsense frankly! And so with that in mind I fully embraced my monotonous state and decided instead to experiment with accessories, b/w prints and fabrics with a few lovely combos as a result which I thought I would share with you today!

Simple staples of leather and leopard
If you perhaps couldn't tell from my instagram posts as late, I have been a bit obsessed with leather midi skirts, and really leather in general. Currently I own three leather midi's, my favourite at the moment is my Topshop one (as it was the first size 10 thing I was able to fit back in to!)  which has a stable leather at the front and a denim panel on the backside. I love how versatile this skirt is, you can dress it up for a night out with a crop top (which I don't do, but you could) wear it for work with a shirt or dress it down and pair it with a slouchy T shirt. In this particular pic I have paired it with my French Connection vest which is my fave at the moment, for a day at work, as you can see keeping to my monochrome theme nicely! 

Slouchy shorts and stripes
Stripes are something I ordinarily shy away from and spaghetti straps are the clothing form of demons as I hate bra straps being on display, but thankfully as I have gotten over my fear of stripes (only ever vertical though!) and got my boobs under control I was able to throw this combo together! Though looking back I do realise I look a bit like a referee. The shorts are from French Connection and they're the comfiest shorts ever, though they crease super easily! I'm looking forward again to wearing these with woolies, boots and my cosy coats!

Seventies Suede
Suede is something I have always been terrified of, but when I saw this skirt I must say it was love at first sight! When I bought this the 1970's were very 'in' as they probably aren't now, but just you wait ladies and gents they will come around again! I love pairing this with a plan black top and a statement belt namely the leopard print one in the picture. I'm looking forward to the proper Autumnal months where I can pair this with some wooly tights and ankle boots to really complete the look.

Happily leather after
Leather look leggings, oh my goodness leather look leggings, however did I live and dress before these leather look leggings!? I wear these bad boys at least twice in a week and they're so versatile and are able to jazz up any old t shirt, vest or drapey top I fancy. I love wearing them with my drapey River Island tops in particular like the one in the picture, which I usually wear a lace vest underneath. This has by far been my favourite outfit recently and I can't see that changing as the colder months storm on in as the leggings have a super warm lining and as for my 'drapey' tops I have so many sleeved ones, sleeveless ones, lacey ones there's no shortage on choice!

Fashion at times isn't my forte, and summer, as you've probably guessed really isn't my time to shine style wise, but I really hope you've enjoyed seeing some of my Autumnal wardrobe staples for the coming months and perhaps this has given you a  little bit of inspiration to dig out your own staples. If you have any thoughts or want to share some of your Autumn staples be sure to leave them in the comments below, come share them with me on Twitter, or if you'd like to see more of my efforts, endeavours and engaging content (ha!) be sure to follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, I'm making fashion my forte!

H.Elizabeth x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picks hun, I’m really loving the last look and I’ve never actually tried leather look leggings :( I agree they definitely do jazz up an outfit :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I rarely do fashion or style posts but I have so many mirror pics on instagram I thought hm why not? As you could probably tell it's my favourite too, so comfy and easy to wear, admitedly I had a love hate relationship with them when they first came into the shops and now I can't get enough!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love the bottom right! Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my favourite of the moment too, though I may need to rethink the sleeve situation as winter comes rolling in!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig