Wednesday 4 February 2015

Hook 'n' Roll | Benefit's Roller Lash Review

As you'll have seen if you're a make up fiend like myself, the beauty blogger and cosmetics world has been in somewhat of a tizzy ever since there were whispers of a brand new Benefit mascara, four years in the making, set to be a steady contender against their already fabulous 'They're Real' formula, which you all know I am a groupie and advocate of. Naturally being a lover of all things lash and self confessed beauty hoarder I had to get my mitts on one of these suckers as soon as possible, and when I found out that this months Elle magazine were giving away an exclusive sample, practically pressed my face against the newsagents window the day they graced stands!


First of all, lets just take a moment to appreciate the packaging, the sample came in a little pink and black box, very chic, pin uppy and understated which is beautiful, it was then that I knew the two of us were destined for a long and happy life together (you know until Benefit release their next mascara perhaps 5 years in the making!) Before I get into my first impressions and general awe of the product I just want to share with you what is so different about this mascara and why there has been such hoo ha. The wand boasts a 'hook and roll' design which grabs every single lash to lift and curl, much like velcro hair rollers, to heights and curliness you've never before seen. 

There are a few reasons people have gone so crazy for this new mascara first of all the wand is smaller than Benefits previous mascaras and I can tell you it is much softer than the 'They're Real' wand, it has a slight curve which aids the 'hook and roll' design and is perfect for catching on to lower or smaller lashes. Benefit have claimed that the formula itself has conditioning properties, is more lightweight than anything we've seen before and is said to hold lash curl for 12 hours (something I am yet to test out)

So as you can see this is why I was so excited! Making sure I had the best lighting possible I got down with the mascara! At first I as incredibly worried we weren't going to get along, you really have to wipe the excess off on the tube before you get to work I warn you because as silly as this may sound it was very wet and I almost got in a spectacular mess, so I would say it takes a bit of playing around with, but after some perseverance I can safely say I am in love. The lift and not to mention volume you can achieve with this product is incredible, in fact so incredible that I didn't even feel compelled to wear my false lashes (a major step for me!) I also just want to mention that since removing the mascara m lashes don't feel dry or crisp like they sometimes do if I've been wearing a hard going mascara, in short is is lash magic in a bottle.

In short I do recommend you going and getting your hands on a copy of this months Elle magazine as soon as you can before I snap up all of the copies to avoid paying oodles when the official release date comes (Which is February 28th RRP. £19.50) Let me know in the comments below what your thoughts are on this latest and greatest mascara or if you have found something that's even better I'd love to hear about it. Be sure to catch me on Twitter or if you'd like to keep up with the latest Granite City Girl posts you can find me on Bloglovin

Until next time folks, I'll be perfecting my 'hook n roll'!

H.Elizabeth xx

14 comments:

  1. OMGGG no word of a lie but I'm literally going to get my coat on and pop to the shops to see if I can get this. How exciting! Benefit is one of my faves especially for their mascara. Your review has made me want to try even more.

    Lovely blog darling - new follower here!

    Collette xxx
    www.shrewd-fox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's lovely, I hope you get on as well as I have with it, I'm honestly so in love I haven't worn my false lashes since I got my hands on it so my natural lashes are thanking me!

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I picked this up in Elle too. I love it! I can't wait for the full size version to come out.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I have actually been thinking of going and picking up another copy of Elle magazine just so I can hold off paying full price (cheapy cheap)

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm actually curious now to see how long it lasts in that size, I always found if I bought a full sized 'They're Real' mascara and felt it dried out very quickly and I was at it with the kettle in no time!

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete
  4. Ooh darn I wish they had this sample where I lived. I'm super curious to try out the softness! I also prefer mascaras with a slight curve and lift :)

    Http://www.behindtframes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll manage to get your hands on one shortly, I'm sure people will start selling them at extortionate prices on Ebay!

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. If you can get your hands on it you should, great value for money I think.

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete
  6. I've been meaning to pick up a copy of ELLE to get my hands on this but I keep forgetting - I bet they've all sold out now! It does sound like a fab mascara

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really nervous about getting one I had it in my head they would all be gone and I'd be destined to be lashless forever! (maybe an exaggeration) but there seem to be plenty in stores at the moment.

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It is incredible, only thing better would be false lashes and even then there isn't too much of a difference.

      Hannah xx

      www.granitecitygirlblog.co.uk

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig