Sunday 15 February 2015

Nip + Fab | Glycolic Fix Cleanser

As some of you may know from the likes of my Twitter or Instagram or maybe just as a person generally I am a serial swapper when it comes to beauty products, and in this case I'd like to focus a bit more on the skincare aspect of my swapping tendencies. In fact I'm never as much of a switcher and swapper than when it comes to my cleanser. Over the last year I have dabbled with Lush, Garnier and I've even went a bit higher end with an Arbonne cleanser, but today I am pleased to report that I think I've found THE ONE in the form of Nip + Fab's Glycolic Fix Cleanser.

Nip + Fab are a brand which I have been seeing everywhere recently mainly due to their Glycolic Fix cleansing pads that everyone and their mothers have been raving about. However on looking at them in the store I decided I just didn't need another make up remover tool / cleansing pad product, but what I did need and had been desperately searching for was a gentle foaming cleanser that would be kind to my dry winter skin, and being one of those people who fall haplessly into trends I chose the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Cleanser and I'll tell you I'm glad I did.


This product, as you may suspect from the name and packaging, contains 2% Glycolic Acid, which according to Nip + Fab if used regularly over the course of a couple of months will give the user the appearance of having had a facial peel (which as you know is saying a lot and if true can save you oodles of dolla') Now I think it can be difficult to boast these kinds of results unless you have tried both (which I personally have not) so today I'm just going to tell you a bit about the cleanser, what my favourite parts of the product have been so far and what perhaps you ought to consider before purchasing.

The cleanser is a gel consistency so it is really easy to squeeze out as much as you need without worrying it'll come squirting out at your face like some liquid cleansers tend to do. In terms of scent, you will either really love it or hate it as it has a strong grapefruit smell with a hint of apple (as it clearly says on the bottle) so it's a very clean smell, which is something a bit different to my body wash products such as the warming apple pie and cinnamon bun gels I use regularly, but it's a welcome change! I try to use this cleanser twice a day, in the morning before moisturising and in the evening before bed (also before remoisutrising) I find it really easy to work up into a lather and find the best results for squeaky cleanliness come if I use it just after exfoliating.

So far the most impressive aspects of the cleanser have been the longevity of the product, I bought it just before New Year and I have barely used a quarter of the gel and how the make up of the forumla has not dried out my skin, which seeing the word 'acid' brought up concerns over and overall I just love the way it has made my skin feel (would hope that a skin peel would deliver results a bit more dramatic than this considering their price) My one and only criticism would be that when you wash with it, it does make your skin feel a bit tight for a little while but that is easily combated with a thick moisturiser (I use Nivea Soft) which always does the trick.

I'm fancying trying some of their facials next, Dragon's Blood has been enticing me for a good while now. Have any of you tried anything from the Nip + Fab product range? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below, come share your skin holy grails with me on Twitter or of course to keep up with my latest reviews, recommendations and general adventures you can follow me on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, I'll be foaming my face!

H.Elizabeth xx

18 comments:

  1. I need to try some Nip + Fab products, they look really good! Great review X

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next on my list is either the Bee Sting products or Dragon's Blood, purely for the name if I'm being really honest!

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  2. I need to try some Nip + Fab products, they look really good! Great review X

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love Nip + Fab, this sounds like a great cleanser!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their packaging always draws me in but this is now my fave cleanser, so that was lucky!

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any Nip + Fab products but i've been curious. This sounds like a good cleanser though, I might have to look out for it! :)

    Love Amylou x
    www.amylous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great cleanser and I think the price is relatively good too! :)

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to try some nip + fab products (especially since Millie Mackintosh started fronting their body line - I know, can't believe I admitted that either) this one sounds great though, you can never have enough cleansers :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm exactly the same drawn in by the shiny shiny and celeb endorsement! But you never know you could find a gem by doing it that way!

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  6. Sounds great - I've only tried their body products and I love them x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going to branch out into their body products soon, do you have any recommendations?

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  7. This sounds great - I've only ever used simple's cleansers, but i love the idea of this & it being of gel consistency. I'm definitely going to be looking into this one, and the scent sounds perfect to me!
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really one of the things that drew me in it's so easy to use and a little really does go a long way, good thing it doesn't go out of date!

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  8. A glycolic acid cream works well as a daytime moisturizer on oily skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really great tip, my skin tends to be combination or dry most of the time but this is a great all rounder I feel.

      Hannah xx

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  9. I have this! I really like it, I grabbed it when it was on offer in Superdrug :) I know what you mean by you will either love the smell or hate it, but I really like it! The freshness is particularly welcoming in the morning. I like how my face feels after it, I use it on weekdays and treat myself to my Liz Earle on weekends! I would also like to try more Nip & Fab products, this is the only one I have tried!

    Kayleigh xoxo
    www.veryberrycosmo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't fallen this hard for a face product in a while so I'm chuffed I still like it, still loving the way it makes my face feel afterwards too! That's a great idea to save your more high end products for the weekend, I may have to invest in some. I'm really looking forward to branching out into their other ranges adn body products too.

      Hannah x

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig