Wednesday 18 February 2015

Domestic Goddess | Nar Nar Bread

Hello everyone, I pleased to report to you today that since New Year there have been no more baking disasters or kitchen mishaps, I'm sure we all remember when I melted my gravy lid on to my cooker top, not one of my finest moments, and that my resolution to bake and cook a bit more this year remains firmly in tact (hold for applause) So today, given my success, I thought I would share one of my newest culinary creations and sweetie successes that I have seriously loved munching on through the last week.

Usually when people hear the word 'bread' in a recipe title they shy away from it as it can be such a sticky and awkward mess, and (as my partner says) 'You can buy one from the shop' but let's face it, you and I both know there's nothing like homemade. Banana bread is different in that it is so much sweeter and most importantly it's so simple to make it's unbelievable.


Equipment
Small loaf tin
Large mixing bowl
Cup for measuring
Small saucepan
Teaspoon
Wooden spoon

Ingredients
2/3 Ripe bananas
1/3 cup of butter
½ cup of sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½  cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp  ground cinnamon

Method
  1. Preheat your oven to 175°C and butter your loaf tin (ooh sounds rude) 
  2. Melt your butter in a saucepan but be sure not to let it boil. 
  3. In your mixing bowl mash your bananas with a fork until smooth and then stir in your melted butter.    
  4. Mix in the baking soda then stir in the sugar, beaten egg, vanilla extract and then flavour with cinnamon. Following this mix in your flour (don't panic, at this point it will seem like there is a lot of flour but persevere and keep mixing)
  5. Pour the batter into your buttered loaf tin and pop into the oven for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes (yours may need a little longer, make sure you keep an eye on it) 
  6. Before removing the loaf tin from the oven do the good old knife test and make sure it comes out clean before leaving to cool on a rack.
Serving suggestion:

Have a slice along with a chopped banana with some cream / ice cream for a dessert and enjoy.

If you guys do happen to give this a go (which I highly recommend) please let me know in the comments below I would love to see how yours turn out so be sure to Tweet any pictures you have at me, or of course if you have another similar recipe (or any banana based recipe for that matter) do let me know as I always love a baking challenge. I hope you have enjoyed this 'Domestic Goddess' post, if you'd like to keep up with the latest Granite City Girl bakes, reviews and ramblings be sure to give me a follow on Bloglovin.
 
Until next time folks, baking mad over here.

H.Elizabeth xx

5 comments:

  1. Why did I read this? I am now so hungry haha. Looks yummy

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I ran out of it today and eating anything else for a snack now just isn't the same!

      Hannah x

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  2. Warm banana bread with ice cream sounds like the perfect treat. Gonna have to make some now!

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drizzled with caramel is even better! Think I might just have to make another batch tonight with some caramel!

      Hannah x

      Hannah | Granite City Girl

      Delete
  3. I only got into baking when I left university and freed up some time, it definitely takes a bit of practice but it's such a lovely activity on an evening or afternoon
    Hannah x

    Hannah | Granite City Girl

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig