Wednesday 27 July 2016

Lights Camera Action | My First Photoshoot

Make up artist photoshoot

Putting your new business out there can be one of the most daunting things you'll ever have to do, you'll be filled with doubt and anxiety and above all questions, like, 'will people respond positively,' 'will I get any business from this,' and 'am I good enough,' and this feeling only intensifies when you land your first ever paid brief. And this is a feeling I experienced for the first time only a couple of months ago when I worked my first ever photoshoot as a make up artist with a local photographer, model and hairstylist.

The shoot itself took place at Red Dawn Photography Studios in the centre of Aberdeen with photographer Chris Denslow, model Jenny Clewlow and hairstylist Kerry Mackenzie and after talking for a couple of weeks on Facebook we decided on a vintage theme for our shoot, which of course is RIGHT up my street. After the initial set up, introductions and getting over the wibbly, wobbly nerves we got stuck right in to the first few looks.

We went for a traditional 1950's 'housewife' look complete with a vintage 'cat eye' flick and a defined crease, complimented by a great up do by Kerry, pulled off marvelously by Jenny and shot professionally by Chris. After a couple of touch ups and outfit changes we were good to go on to our second make up look of the day. This time we went for a twiggy inspired cut crease which I had great fun creating.

Jenny Clewlow Aberdeen Model

Overall I was really pleased with how the day panned out, if I could literally do photoshoots and make up all day everyday I would consider my life made (with of course a couple of blogging moments thrown in there!) and I'm really looking forward to working on my next one.

Big, huge, gigantic shoutout to the team for the day who just made it a fun and professional experience. If you'd like to see any of the teams work simply click on their names, photographer Chris, Model Jenny, Hair Stylist Kerry and of course thanks to Red Dawn Studios for the space.

If you'd like to see more of my work however you can always catch me making faces on the various channels, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and weekly updates from the blog on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, cue the lights! 

H.Elizabeth x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig