Friday 18 March 2016

#ThisIsTokyo | Yo! Sushi Menu Preview



Most bloggers won't admit this, but I always feel a little squee of joy whenever I'm invited along to something like this, particularly when there is food involved. In fact most bloggers tend to grace these sort of events with a seemingly cool air about them and an I could take it or leave it attitude, but not me. Nope I'm there, bright and early, an eager beaver keen to try something new, and I tried something very new when I graced Yo! Sushi in the Bon Accord to preview their new, revamped menu.

Maybe it's just me but I always love to hear the concept behind a brand, new idea or in this case a menu. We were told that Yo! Sushi are planning to get right back to their roots, offering traditional Japanese street food at an affordable price but with their focus steered more towards Tokyo, but don't worry basics, they'll still have your beloved katsu!

Their new menu reads like a magazine. No really their new menu is literally a magazine, full of articles on Japanese culture, with of course their focus pulled towards current trends in Tokyo. In there you'll not only find a wide range of new dishes and old favourites, but articles on fashion, technology and all things Tokyo, which is fab if your date or friend is boring you  a wee bit! As you'd expect the seemingly tiny dishes soon arrived conveyor style and we were ready to dig in.

Now guys, I have a little confession to make. I don't like sushi. Something about eating a fish raw doesn't sit too well with me, in fact it reminds me a little bit of Gollum when you see him plucking fish and just gobbling them down, a bit boke inducing! But soldiering on I tried a piece of sushi with my fave fish, tuna... nadda, it was not for me. My sushi loving compadre for the evening however wolfed hers down, so if you are a sushi lover, shockingly you're in the right place!

I gave it a good go, I must say, I tried a couple of salmon and tuna sushi dishes from their new menu, but I eventually gave up and opted for something a little more my speed, a good old katsu, but not just any old katsu, Yo! Sushi's new and improved, tuna katsu. Divine, what can I say I'm a bit of a basic! Now if you were coming here to find out about dishes of the squid or octopus variety you're in the wrong place, as you may have gathered, I was adventurous, but not THAT adventurous, but I can bend your ear about the most delicious, light and fluffy cheesecake I have ever tasted in my entire life!

Overall I was chuffed to bits with losing my Yo! Sushi virginity, and I'll definitely be visiting a bit more in the future especially if it means sampling even more of their #ThisisTokyo menu, and of course I'll have to keep tabs on those magazine articles!

Apologies on this post being a day or so late guys, I have been a very, very busy bee at home, at work and in my spare time something else has taken over my life it feels, don't worry it's nothing serious and all will be revealed in good time my pretty! As per you can keep up with my latests, the latest in Aberdeen and my general musings over on Twitter, or of course keep up to date with the latest Granite City Girl posts on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, konichiwa and good day!

H.Elizabeth x

4 comments:

  1. I've been twice this week because i fell in love with their new menu - there are so many amazing things on offer now for both sushi lovers and haters. If you go back I'd recommend the chicken fried rice if you don't like raw fish!

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their non sushi dishes are great! The chicken fried rice sounds great, that or another katsu!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Yo Sushi before, I'll need to sort that out!

    Christy x
    Dinner Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so surprised you've never been! It was great, for both sushi and non sushi lovers, highly recommend their Maguro Katsu which is the tuna katsu thing in the pic above.

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig