Wednesday 2 March 2016

Flamingo Candles | Black Raspberry and Vanilla


What can I say? Really the only irritating phrase that comes to mind would be, 'the boy did good' and already I can hear toes curling, hair standing on end as the phrase equivalent to nails on a chalkboard has finally been professed on Granite City Girl for the first time ever! No but in all honesty for Christmas, which now feels like many many moons ago, I challenged my husband with gifting me a Flamingo candle with little to no guidance of which scent would please my nasal cavities and therefore the power to make or break Christmas 2015 rest in his hands. And all that's really left to say is the perhaps more appropriate, 'the man did well, very well indeed,'

As you can undoubtedly tell from the title of this post I was gifted the Black Raspberry and Vanilla flamingo candle which like all Flamingo candles before comes in a simple glass jar with a beautiful metallic pink Flamingo design on the front as the name suggests! The candles itself smells quite like a sweet fruit cocktail without entering into the sickly territory, with strong notes of raspberries, strawberries as well as the vanilla (as you may have guessed!) but is also said to have sandal, jasmine and musk. What I love about these candles in particular is that their scents are quite unique, I mean where else can you buy this scent plus a parma violets and strawberries and champagne? They're designed simply but look so beautiful in any room and not to mention they leave your room smelling divine for hours and you don't even have to burn them that long!

Unfortunately I haven't yet lit my wick of this particular Flamingo candle as I am still working on my ever fresh Mojito one which I picked up from Joy in Glasgow all the way back in October (yes guys that is how long they can last!) but as you can undoubtedly tell I am doing my best to work through it just so I can welcome what can only be described as the sweet scent of summer into my home! 

Have you been lucky enough to have picked up or better yet be gifted a Flamingo candle? If so what are your favourite scents, I have a bucket list just for Flamingo candles I tell you! Be sure to leave your favourite smelly Flamingos in the comments below, come share them with me on Twitter or if you just fancy keeping up with Granite City Girl you can of course do that on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, 'the man did very well indeed,'

H.Elizabeth x

2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! I'm a big fan of the Rose & Marshmallow it's so obscure but amazing at the same time. Sadly I've never met a Flamingo that threw well so mine always got relegated to the bathroom. Can't wait to find out how this does once you light it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great at coming up with some obscure scents, I almost never want to light them because I know then my living room will soon be left without something on the fireplace, which sounds super sad!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig