Friday 5 February 2016

Have a healthy pancake day | Super Speedy Protein Pancakes

Easy Healthy Recipe

These guys have been everywhere right now, you can't turn a corner without someone shouting PROTEIN in your face, and given for some time now I have been looking to replace my trusty breakfast consisting of a hearty bowl of coco pops (if it ain't broke right?) I thought I would give these a go. Now upon hearing what to ingredients you're just going to combine to whip these up they don't sound altogether very appetising and if I'm totally honest in the future I will be adding another accompanying fruit and may even invest in some protein powder but for something super quick and easy to throw together in a rush these have your back.

Ingredients

1 Mashed Banana
1 Egg

Equipment

Mixing Bowl
Fork
Frying Pan
Fish Slice

Method

1. Whisk together your mashed banana and egg in a bowl then add the mixture to a preheated, non stick frying pan (and then laugh as you attempt to keep it in a 'pancake like' shape)

2. Give it a couple of flips (keep all swearing to yourselves though) and make sure it is properly cooked on both sides, and voila you are sorted.

As you can see I had mine with a piece of toast which was lovely, however I do think these pancakes on their own are a little bland and they could be doing with some cinnamon, a sprinkle of sugar or just something to give it a bit more depth. Check me going all Gordon Ramsay! 

Hopefully you health nuts and fitness freaks appreciated this super healthy, speedy version of protein pancakes, I'll be enjoying these instead of my coco pops as soon as I have found the perfect flavour combos, what would you recommend if you've had them before? Leave your suggestions in the comments below, come share your links with me on Twitter, or if you'd like to keep up to date with my weight losses and woes along the way be sure to follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, PROTEIN!

H.Elizabeth x 

2 comments:

  1. I love banana pancakes as they are really easy to make and not time consuming. However, I am still figuring out what temperature is the best. Little disasters are a part of it ;)

    Connect with me:
    BLOGLOVIN: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/igaberry-13323143
    INSTA: https://www.instagram.com/igaberry/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/igaberry1
    WEBSITE: https://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made pancakes like this once, but I believe the recipe was bananas, oatmeal and almond milk. I think there was a 4th ingredient but I can't remember. Probably the egg? Oh goodness... I really don't remember, but they were yummy! I want pancakes now :D

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig