Friday 19 February 2016

A Cat-ch Up and a Cuppa | The Cat In the Window Cafe Aberdeen


Cat cafe Aberdeen

Granite City cat lovers and caffeine junkies rejoice as Aberdeen celebrates the arrival of our first ever cat cafe. Last week I was lucky enough to hop along to the 'soft opening' week of the Cat in the Window Cafe in the Netherkirkgate area of Aberdeen's city centre to help settle in some mischievous moggies and see just what all the furry fuss was about before their official opening of the 13th of February 2016 (just in time for Valentines - convenient right?!)

It isn't every day you can say you feel right at home in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city centre, but it's the only way I can think to describe how you'll feel upon entering the Cat in the Window Cafe. From hanging up your coat on arrival and putting on your slippers (for health and safety reasons) to chilling on the biggest comfiest bean bag you've ever seen, and let's of course not forget the most homely comfort of all, lots and lots of fur babies.

I must give ultimate props to the interiors team behind Cat in the Window, their style jumped straight from all of the shabby chic pinterest boards those of us in the blogosphere seem to covet most highly, and of course looks like something straight from the dreams of the cuddle creatures who dwell within. Between scattered wooden fixtures to keep claws in check to plenty of nooks and crannys to climb, crawl and cavort and there are even toys for the cats to play with, there never seemed to be a dull moment throughout our visit.

Now guys I'm going to level with you, I was so busy playing with my newfound feline friends that I didn't even get a chance to sample any cakes, biscuits, tray bakes, not even a simple sandwich, in fact I settled for a latte that I didn't even finish (but let's take a moment to appreciate the cat inspired crockey shall we?) So apologies for those who came here for a foodie review and got more fur than they bargained for, but what can I say? I'm perhaps more cat lady than cupcakes than I originally thought.

Not only does the cat cafe serve to put a smile on the faces of local cat lovers but a higher purpose as well, the owners hope the cafe will help open peoples hearts to possibly rescuing their own mischievous moggy from the shelter and help find some of those lonely felines out there a forever home. (Can you tell I lugged in to the STV news feature while it was shot? Whoops)

Now you know where I stand on all things cat cafes, fur babies and of course cake, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, have you ever visited another cat cafe before or are you one of those you know...dog people!? Leave your experiences, comments, thoughts and cat musings below, come share in the cat lady crazy over on Twitter or if you'd just like to laze and waste the days away with me you can follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, cat-ching up with a cuppa!

H.Elizabeth x

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited to visit! Can't take the baby and there are too many #abzmeet bloggers so I'm going to have to come up with a cunning plan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it, though if I'm honest I bet there are plenty of #abzmeet bloggers who are more dog lovers than cat, might just be the two of us chilling with some fur babies!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  2. I need to go visit these fur babies!
    Margaux x
    www.bonjourwhite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, brush against the hair growth, as this action will help to remove dead and flaky skin.click now

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig