Wednesday 3 February 2016

Domestic Goddess | Home made Chilli Wedges



This post has been quite a long time coming, as you'll have noticed we haven't had a 'domestic goddess' post on the blog for a good while now, but don't worry that doesn't mean our household has been surviving solely on McDonalds and takeaways, that just means we've been busy bees experimenting in the kitchen to come up with some more lovelies that are easy to make, taste fantastic and bonus points, they aren't going to give you that spare tyre some of my older recipes would, Creme Egg Brownie I'm looking at you!

Given my recent health kick and my general obsession for all things food, I thought I would combine the two and share my favourite dinner accompaniment, or rather my favourite thing to stuff my face with after a long ass day, home made chilli wedges.

Equipment
Baking Tray
Chopping Board
Colander
Sharp Knife
Fish Slice  

Ingredients
4 Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes
Olive Oil (I use garlic infused)
1 Cal Oil Spray
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Paprika
Chilli Flakes

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200C 

2. Wash your tatties thoroughly and chop them in half lengthwise and then another couple of times lengthwise (obviously it will depend on the size of your potatoes) then cut them in half. 

3. Add them to your plastic bowl with a few teaspoonfuls of your olive oil and give them a good coat (use your hands but remember to wash em first!)

4. Add a dash of salt and pepper and some paprika to the potatoes, you can use as much or as little as you like depending on how spicy you like your food. Then finally sprinkle with a good dousing of chilli flakes (can you tell I like my food spicy?)

5. Spritz your baking tray with a few of your 1 cal spray and spread your potatoes evenly across the tray. Add them to the oven and keep an eye on them for about half an hour.

6. Serve with sweet chilli or garlic sauce (my all time favourite!)

These have been my favourite thing to throw together and chuck in the oven recently, and the beauty is you can have them any way you like. With cheese, with garlic or any spice or herb you choose, the sky is the limit, just don't go crazy with wedgie power!

Hopefully you have enjoyed this little 'domestic goddess' comeback, I just wanted to give you something easy oozy for beginners who maybe work late, go to the gym or just straight up can't be bothered! If you'd like to see more recipes and easy foodie ideas on Granite City Girl be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments below, I really love hearing from you guys, you can also catch up with me on Twitter or more from Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks.

H.Elizabeth x

2 comments:

Blogger template by pipdig