Friday 22 January 2016

Searching for my Signature Scent | Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf



The search for that signature scent is something I think every woman goes through in life. Some find it in their teens and carry it through their lives with the scent acting as a reminder of their younger days and cherished memories throughout the years, others find it as they mature and settle on a classic scent like Chanel and some, like me, chop and change as the search continues on with every last squirt of your coveted perfume bottle of the time, but this time I was prepared.

For some time now I have admired the Viktor & Rolf perfumes from a far in my local Debehnams, and let me tell you with the release of their recent 'Bonbon' perfume choosing one of their scents was no easy feat, but after a unanimous vote from friends and family I settled for their more classic and subtle scent, Flower Bomb. Now I feel like I want to let you guys in on a little secret, I have loved this perfume for years, even back in the days where I was a hardcore advocate of Paco Rabanne's Black XS I have to admit Flower Bomb held a special place in my heart for a good long while, so why didn't I buy it you ask? Well silly, sad and petty as this may be, I once saw one of the girls who let's say I didn't get on with at school (I hope your life is miserable!) pull it from her gym bag and spritz a good dousing on, has that ever put you off?

But alas, today is the day I finally get over my high school perfume spritzing dramas and finally purchase Flower Bomb without prejudice (it probably smells better on me anyway!)

Anyway now that the extensive background of my inner psychological workings linked with my traumatising experiences of school are out the way, can we just take a moment to appreciate how beautifully designed this bottle is? Seriously I'm sure if real grenades were this pretty there would be less wars and lots more lovely smelling troops but don't worry this isn't just a pretty package. As you may have guessed from the name this scent is meant to be an explosion of floral aromas, but if I'm honest I don't feel that at all, in fact I am a hardcore hater of all things 'floral' smelling and I detest being given flowers like lilies though they're very pretty. This to me is a lovely subtle sweet smell, but not sickly sweet,  it's far fresher than that and it is so refreshing to give yourself a spritz after a shower in the morning. Personally I wouldn't wear this perfume on a night out, for things like this I prefer something a bit stronger I'm going to be sticking to my deeper YSL Black Opium, I think Flowerbomb is best suited to day time wear and I may even give myself a spray for work as it has a very fresh, sophisticated scent which I love.

Have you ever tried a perfume by Viktor & Rolf, I'd love to hear what you think, please leave your thoughts, comments and your favourite perfumes ever in the comments below, come share them with me on Twitter or if you'd like to keep up with the latest reviews, scents and smellies be sure to follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin' you never know, one day we could be swapping smells on blogs through smellivision!

Until next time folks, awaiting the scientific leaps in smellivision.

H.Elizabeth x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig