Friday 27 November 2015

Girls Day Out | BBC Good Food Show Scotland


These type of posts are my favourite, whether I'm reading them and sharing in someone elses memories of a fun weekend, a part of their childhood, even just a trip to a restaurant or writing them and reliving my own I could quite happily waste away hours, even days reading and writing and simply soaking up all manner of memories. And you know my favourite type of memories? Foodie memories and that is what I'm bringing you today so sit back, relax and pray for a future with foodie-vision.

So as you guys probably guessed or read from this post a few weeks ago I attended this years BBC Good Food Show Scotland (because England get their own mini shows all over the country but Scotland are of course just one big city... rant over) and stuffed my face silly with samples of sweet and savoury delights all of Scotland has to offer.

The BBC Good Food Show Scotland has something for everyone, and I'm not just talking about the food, there are stalls for shopping and sampling, celebrity chef interviews, cookery workshops, cocktail workshops, pop up restaurants, live demonstrations and of course the opportunity to take in all of the culinary delights this country has to offer. Admittedly I hadn't planned the day quite as well as others perhaps would have and we missed out on quite a few of the activities but had great fun shopping and sampling as well as sneaking a peak or two at the celebrity interviews and live demonstrations.

Now I hate to be a name dropper! But we discovered a couple of quite amazing brands at the show this year and I just want to shine a spotlight on one such brand called Seed and Bean who are a 100% ethical and organic confectionery company formed in Derbyshire who make the most amazing chocolate flavours I have ever tasted in my life. It was a bit of a struggle to sample because their stall was heaving! What I mean by heaving is that my friend almost got beaten up by some angry vegans who were so desperate for some chocolate they abandoned all queuing etiquette we Brits are known for, trust me though when I say, it was worth it. I came away with a Cornish Sea Salt and Lime chocolate bar and I'm sad to say it was finished within a couple of evenings in front of the TV. Swiftly they have been added to my Christmas list *cough cough*

I urge you, if there is a Good Food Show near you in the future do go along, even if just for the free samples! You'll discover an amazing plethora of new and exciting foods, local, organic, fair trade, home made, home grown, vegan, vegetarian, chocolate, chips, chutney, vodka, gin, sausages, sweeties, cupcakes, ice cream and that was just breakfast... 

Be sure to let me know in the comments below if you have ever visited a Good Food Show or perhaps if your city just happens to have an amazing farmers market, I do love a foodie chat. As usual you can catch me Tweeting about food and getting fat on Twitter and you can always see more of what I'm stuffing my face with if you keep up with Granite City Girl on Bloglovin

Until next time folks, think I've gained the Good Food Show stone!

H.Elizabeth x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig