Friday 20 November 2015

Aberdeen Events | Kevin Bridges at the AECC


AECC

Comedian of the moment Kevin Bridges may be gracing our television screens more than the Kardasians these days and packing out arenas and concert venues up and down the country but he has by no means forgotten about his humbling roots in Scotland as he brought far more than a chuckle and a few cheeky stories to Aberdeens' Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) this November with his hotly anticipated, 'A different kind of story,'

It isn't often I get to see a comedian in concert, in fact I think the last person I saw was Eddie Izzard about 2 or 3 years ago, so when the AECC team came a callin' and asked if I would like to attend dinner and a comedic set for none other than Kevin Bridges, not only did I jump, I back flipped, leapt, pranced, somersaulted and did a trapeze act of such skill you'd think I had won the lottery. And so it was Granite City Girl would indeed attend the show after all.

The dinner was lovely and intimate (and no, Kevin Bridges himself was not in attendance - something a few people had asked before the evening) and before I go further I would just like to thank the catering staff at the AECC for their hospitality and amazing presentation as well as their pr and marketing manager Leigh-Ann for putting on such a great event (and braving the queues running back and forth for wine and delicious beverages!)

It's a very rare thing when you can connect and identify with a stranger and there is no medium by which this is better achieved than comedy and Kevin's particular brand of observational comedy struck all of the right chords with the audiences in Aberdeen that evening. Not only are his observations about life in Scotland, school , wider political issues and seemingly minute encounters totally spot on and relatable but are delivered with such passion and ease that the evening felt like a chin wag wee an old pal despite his Scottish Kardashian like stature.

Chants from the crowd of 'one more joke' could undoubtedly be heard in the surrounding neighbourhoods as Kevin prepared to depart but thankfully returning once more for his encore during which he read Tweets and answered questions from the crowds in attendance, something I personally have never seen a comedian or act do in all my years but was pleasantly surprised by his use of new media (that's me with my PR hat on!)

I returned home that evening with 'sare chicks' from smiling and laughing so much and next time Kevin visits the Granite City I'll be dragging my other half along, though I'm sure he won't take too much convincing. Kevin Bridges continues his A Whole Different Story tour throughout the UK for the rest of November and part of December and if you're interested in some relatable comedy with a Scottish flair get yourself along!

Were you lucky enough to see Kevin Bridges in concert this time around? I'd love to hear what you thought in the comments below. Otherwise you can catch me hanging out tweeting and twittering away on Twitter and if you'd like to see more of my 'sare chicks' be sure to follow Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, laughing my lower 'chicks' aff.

H.Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. That was a super cool touch to read tweets and answers questions after, makes it so much more personal and special I think! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really hope those bits are included in the DVD when released, so interesting to hear what people from different cities ask.

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig