Friday 30 October 2015

Social Media | Unfriend Zone



Oh I do love a good rant, and since posting my blogger pet peeves recently I've came to see you guys do too! Admittedly I perhaps rant a bit more than the average human being and hey why not? The world is so full of wondrous moments of idiocy, irritants and general annoyances that if I didn't point them out who else would!? So in light of my devotion to and deep love of the good old fashioned rant I thought I would share with you today some of the things I have unfriended people for on Facebook during the course of my social media years.

Now before I get started I just want to say that you know, to each their own, I don't mind baby pictures, pictures of your latest holidays, after all isn't that what this glorious social media generation is all about? So take that baby picture, upload that tanning snap and come at me horizon and sunset pictures! But please, for the love of god, keep the following in your home or in your head!

Women who make anti feminist statements
This one wasn't as much a 'I hate feminist' post, rather it was a post on why men should be regarded as higher beings than women and that this particular young lady, 'exists to serve her man' that it (I guess it meant her life) ought to be about his hopes, his dreams, his ambitions and above all else his desires. To be quite honest it looked like an excerpt from 50 shades taken that step too far and if that's the kind of things you'll be sharing I say sayonara to you! 

Excessive photoshopping of selfies
This one was so ridiculous I must have shown every single one of my friends and family members, somebody had smoothed their face, altered their features, hair colour, eye colour and added a false hair accessory only to display this as their own profile picture. Of course being the understanding soul I am (cough) I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought ach it's a joke. Oh no my friends, oh no, this picture received well over 50 likes and a good few comments on how amazing this person looked and how different to which this person replied, aw thanks just good lighting..... hm... I rest my case.  

Overuse of pet names and PDA's
This I have done to more than one couple in the past, it simply baffles me that couples validate their relationships through gooey pet names and sickly sweet PDA's in their day to day life let alone in the digital world. Worse still, these people generally live together, that's right folks, they're sat opposite each other, in the same room of their house, tagging, untagging, liking, poking, prodding and causing a general digital annoyance to my feed, see ya later pookie!

Well guys, now you've heard my social media pet peeves, well at least we've scraped the surface! So now I'd love to hear yours, be sure to let me know what gets your goat, gives you social sweats or just blows your digital top in the comments below, come share them with me on Twitter, or of course if you'd like to hear more from Granite City Girl you can follow me on Bloglovin'

Until next time folks, love you forever honey and I'll see you soon pookie!

H.Elizabeth


2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! Urg there's nothing worse than PDA's and cringe pet names all over social media! Nobody wants to see it haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Social media really opens your eyes to what some people are really like it's amazing, and you know amazingly annoying! The PDA's I can barely handle in real life but when you live together keep it in the bedroom right?

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig