Friday 23 October 2015

It's All Lies | Lies (Almost) All Beauty Bloggers Tell



Do you ever see something so cringe and that 'grinds ya gears' so much that you just can't help but physically recoil? Can you relate to sitting at your computer and reading a post by a friend, family member or maybe even a straight up stranger and you know they're lying? Have you ever done this when you've read your favourite beauty blog? I have, and today I would just like to share with you a few little white lies and big steaming ones that all beauty bloggers tell or at least imply at one point in their blogging history.

Any similarities between the points mentioned in this post and any subsequent beauty bloggers alive or dead are purely coincidental, but if you are offended... it's probably because you're a beauty blogger.

1. Matchy matchy haul posts or currently loving posts 
Have you ever seen a bloggers recent haul post or one of those 'favourites' posts in which all of their favourites or purchases are all the same colour? Recently I saw a blog whose current favourites were all baby pink and rose gold. Now I don't know about you guys but I am currently loving all colours of the damn rainbow and I simply don't believe that you love that pink eyeshadow to go with your pink lipstick and your pink nails, juice drink and everything in between!

2. Sorry I've been away
No you're not! I saw your insta pics! You had a whale of a time away in that foreign exotic land, doing yoga on that hill, soaking the sun in with your hot dog legs and you didn't think about us once not once!!!

3. I've repurchased this 20 (or some other ridiculous amount) times this year
Oh you've repurchased Velvet Teddy 20 times this year? Tell me more about how you support natural beauty and body positivity, girl if you've repurchased that one product that many times before the end of the year you're either wearing it somewhere you shouldn't be *cough* the gym *cough* or you've got the borrowers living in your make up drawers nicking all your good stuff!

4. This is my go to *insert product here* 
And proceeds to rave about other skincare / moisturising do dad the following month in yet another perfectly coordinated monthly favourites. But then I suppose if they had one 'holy grail' product as they often claim to then they'd run out of things to say other than dooiiiiii.

5. Thank you lovely!
Yeah I'm not 'lovely'

Sound familiar? It may all be lies but they're so darned addictive anyway, I don't think I'll ever tire of fluffy white rugs on perfectly hoovered and tidy floors alongside some copper / rosegold / insert whatever the fashionable metal of the time is here and some piece of pink nonsense that I will also undoubtedly go out and buy myself! If any of this rang a bell, made you laugh or even made you a little cross, be sure to leave your comments below, tell me what your favourite beauty blogger lies are or just blogger lies in general, I'd love to hear your funnies. As per you can catch me on Twitter or see more of Granite City Girl on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, see you later 'lovelies'

H.Elizabeth x  

4 comments:

  1. Ha! "I'm not lovely"...... I ALWAYS think that.
    When bloggers apologise for being away....who cares? Is there a need to apologise? perhaps more 'cos I'm a hobby blogger but I don't see the need to apologise for not blogging in 5 days.
    Gillian  xx  EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone can relate to my pain at reading all of these things haha, I do wonder when the word 'lovely' will go out of fashion and be replaced with something even more ridiculous. Yes I find the apologies a bit obnoxious, by all means tell us what you've been doing while you've been away but don't think it changed my life!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete
  2. oh god, I love this! I'm usually such a misanthrope! I try to be pretty real on my own blog but I totally agree with you about a lot of "big" bloggers. Ah, so refreshing!




    XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the read! Haha yeah I think everyone sort of filters to some degree I mean I'm not going to show my massive pile of washing I have to do in the corner in my pics but the claims of a tidy house at all times and matching everything just doesn't wash with me!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig