Wednesday 13 May 2015

Makeup Revolution | Iconic 2 Shadow Palette

Since having my little blogging break I have been busy. Busy buying that is. Really with my holidays on the approach I feel as if my spending has hit an all time high, and I'm not sure why that is, it's not like I really NEED a new eyeshadow palette for Paris is it? Well in short yes, at least that's how I have rationalized it in my head, and why not this palette in particular I got for the bargain price of £4, especially as the blogosphere has raved about this being a fabulous Urban Decay dupe.

Makeup Revolution has been on the go for a good while now, sold exclusively online and in Superdrug they have been the talk of the town and Twitter for a long time mainly because they have been pitched to the press as the new IT brand for bargain beauty and it's easy to see why. It isn't everyday you get a new make up brand with prices starting from £1, and given my new palette has 12 gorgeous shades for a pittance of the cost of Urban Decay you can see why they're flying off the shelves!


 
I chose the Iconic 2 palette as the shades seemed to have cooler undertones in comparison to the Iconic 1 and 3, which tends to go a bit better with my skin colouring. The palette has 4 matte shades and 8 shimmer and has a great range of browns, nudes, taupes and golds (my favourite go to everyday shades) When I first took the palette home I was skeptical, there was just no way these £4 palettes could compare to a luxe shadow that is over triple the cost, but being the beauty and trend fiend I so truly am I gave it a go anyway. The first day I wore the shadows I used shade 3 (inner eye), shade 5 (crease) and shade 10 (blend) alongside my regular liner and mascara products, I was incredibly impressed by the pigmentation in these shades, particularly because I thought I would really have to work to get them to stay on my lid! It was for a pretty full day out to my grandmas, off to ASDA for the weekly shop, B&Q then home to cook dinner, so I was interested to see whether or not these wonder pigments would stand the test of time and so far I have not been disappointed.

These have quickly become my go to products alongside my bourjouis shadow pot which I use as a highlighter, and I can completely see why the blogosphere has been going mad for the brand. Never did I think I would see they day where I would opt for a budget product over what is considered the 'real deal' I think this may be the dawning of a new beauty era for me and perhaps for you too if you decide to give these a try.

I hope you have enjoyed hearing my take on the Makeup Revolution palettes particularly as I have been incredibly late in joining the party, but you know a girl has to do her research! If you have tried these palettes please do leave me a comment below to let me know what you thought, are there any more budget products I ought to be investing in? Come Tweet your suggestions at me if you don't fancy commenting or of course if you'd like to keep up with the latests posts be sure to follow me on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, I'm going budget beauty.

H.Elizabeth x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig