Friday 8 May 2015

Domestic Goddess | Healthy Cauliflower Pizza

Hello everyone, I'm back again with yet another one of my recent culinary endeavours and this is one I am particularly chuffed with, not that it is elaborate or is a masterpiece by any means but I'm always pleased when I am able to add a healthy alternative to a favourite take away dish to my list of culinary delights and in this case I'm going to share my recipe for cauliflower base pizzas.

These are foolproof ladies and gents, there isn't really a 'wrong' way to make these and you can make them as healthy or cheese laden as you so choose, but I thought as I'm still on my health kick that I would give you yet another glimpse into my endeavours and share my 'healthier' version of a thin crust pizza. Now I made ours with lean sweet chilli chicken but you can use anything you like, go nuts, the sky is the limit!


Equipment
Large Pizza Tray
Chopping Board and veg knife
Fish Slice
Cheese grater

Ingredients
Half of a large cauliflower
2 Medium Eggs
Tomato Puree
1 Cal olive oil spray
Sweet Chilli Chicken
Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
Handful of grated light cheddar

Method
  1. Preheat your oven to 200°C and grate your cauliflower.
  2. Put your grated cauliflower in a microwavable bowl and switch on for 7 and a half minutes.
  3. While this is happening shred half a cup of mozzarella cheese finely and grate a small portion of cheddar cheese.
  4. Let the cauliflower cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then mix together with your prepared cheese and 2 eggs.
  5. Prepare the pizza tin with some 1 cal olive oil spray and then spread out your cauliflower mixture into your tip and spread evenly.
  6. Cook in your preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes until solidifying and browning at the sides.
  7. Remove from your oven and spread with tomato puree and add your chosen toppings, in my case some cheese and sweet chilli chicken, place back in the oven for another 10 - 15 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and be careful when cutting and sliding the slices on to your plate, let it cool for a couple of minutes then enjoy your culinary creation.

Serving suggestion
Use tortilla bases to make garlic bread using garlic and herb spread (I use Philadelphia) and mozzarella cheese.

This has become one of our weekly meals in our home and paired with some garlic bread makes quite a substantial dinner, you can serve with salad if you like but you know I like carbs! My next attempt is going to be trying a chicken and kale pizza and I'll be sure to keep you updated on how that one goes down, I reckon it won't go down too well with my other half, but we will see.

As always I love hearing from you and if you do happen to make these I'd love to see your efforts, be sure to comment below how it went or of course share your pictures with me on Twitter, but if you'd just like to see more of my face, food and frolics you can follow me on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, setting up my home delivery services.

H.Elizabeth x

2 comments:

  1. I've always worried that the cauliflower taste would be too overpowering, but I'm guessing if the cheese is blended into the base it's probably okay? Either way, these look super tasty!

    - Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite overpowering but you can add as much or little cheese as you like and if you're put off by the smell or taste of cauliflower I believe butternut squash is a great alternative - something I plan on trying soon too - or you can add in some mixed herbs. Let me know if you give it a go :)

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig