Friday 10 April 2015

Lush | Copperhead Shampoo Bar Review

It has been a good while since I have done a Lush post, if I'm honest Lush has been a bit of a sore spot for me recently as a while ago I bought two gorgeous face masks which I had intended to get into quite a routine of using however after a few weeks of hectic schedules and busy evenings I completely forgot about them only to discover them at the back of my fridge covered in mould and unsalvagable! Disappointed is not even the word (not with Lush but with myself, which feels even worse!) But on my recent journey to Dundee, who have a way better Lush than Aberdeen, I couldn't resist a cheeky Lush purchase, and determined to try something new I decided to be a bit more adventurous and buy my first ever shampoo bar.


There were so many to choose from but for me it wasn't a difficult choice. Since having my hair dyed last month the colour has faded quite a bit and I needed something that would lather a bit more oomph and life into it, and being a natural redhead Copperhead was the only way to go, and it smelt amazing to boot! Lush describe the shampoo bar feel, scent and qualities on their site as follows:

'Don’t be latte for work, invigorate with a double shot of coffee grounds and roasted cocoa extract. Persian red henna leaves hair feeling deeply conditioned and gloriously glossy. Escape the daily grind with Fair Trade vanilla absolute and vetivert oil for a rich, enticing aroma. Great for darker shades and those with red tones.'

As everyone undoubtedly has when confronted with a shampoo bar I was apprehensive, how does this thing work? Do I melt it on my head? Do I break bits off and use it that way? What if when I put it in the water it melts my £5 away?! But I really didn't have to worry, you simply wet the bar as you would with a bar of soap and lather it into your hair as you would with a liquid shampoo. It is surprising how quickly the bar lathers up, I expected to have to put in a great deal of elbow grease just to get a bubble from this sucker but nope, the bar was so easy to use and smelt even better when it was in my hair. The scent reminds me of a mans aftershave but not in a bad or hyper-masculine way, more in a way when you get a whiff you go 'oooh..' (but perhaps that's just me) 

Now I can already hear you all screaming, 'But does it make a difference!?' and having been using it for a week and a half I can tell you I have absolutely noticed a difference. First of all when I was the product out of my hair it actually feels clean (squeaky clean!) I say this as a big selling point because at times when you get a new shampoo, instead of actually stripping product from your hair it just feels as if it is putting a sheen or gloss over the top of you hair rather than actually washing it well that problem is over with your new shampoo bar! In addition to cleaning your hair properly it also makes your hair feel incredibly soft, which makes me wonder just how amazing their conditioning bars must feel (a must have on my next Lush trip) Lastly I have noticed the redder tones in my hair have been coming through much more, which is fantastic for me as sometimes the more yellow tones come through in summer which I don't really like so this is the perfect combating treatment for me.

In short I have loved using this shampoo bar and this could mark the end of all things liquid shampoo for me, who knows!? I think it all depends on how long it lasts, I have been using it for 2 weeks now, unfortunately I did run in to a spot of bother as it crumbled quite spectacularly and melted in my shower! Undeterred I have purchased another one and luckily the girl in Lush (Aberdeen) explained to me how I should be using it (i.e DO NOT immerse it in water!) and as an apology for not being told the first time I was given a complimentary tin to keep my shampoo bar in (aren't they so lovely?!)

Let me know if you have tried any of the Lush shampoo and conditioning bar range? What is your favourite or do you perhaps have an alternative that is EVEN better? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below, Tweet your thoughts at me or if you'd just like to see more from me be sure to follow the blog on Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, I'm gonna wash that product right outta my hair.

H.Elizabeth x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig