Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Year Reflections | 2014

It has certainly been a blast this past year, and at the moment I have been seeing a great deal of posts surrounding the new coming year and how much everyone would like to change themselves, their circumstance and generally their happiness and I think that's great, self improvement is where all great things begin in my opinion. But today I personally would like to do something a little bit different and reflect on 2014 in all its glory, because to sum up my past year in a word would be wonderful.

I didn't set any resolutions for 2014 except to just get by, through and enjoy all of the upcoming milestones (I didn't half make life difficult!) and likewise I won't be setting any resolutions for 2015.

First and foremost I graduated from my 4 year degree in Communications and Public Relations with a 2:1 and happily did not fall flat on my face collecting my scroll as I had feared (years of watching Lizzie McGuire face-plant had given me THE FEAR, in addition to those darn You Tube videos we all love to laugh at!)

This unfortunately was followed by a couple of difficult months finding a job, which looking back now I wouldn't trade for the world! (silly me to have left my stable job of 5 and a half years due to a workplace bully and of course to focus on my dissertation) after a couple of stints in various jobs and experiences, which I value as part of myself and my past now, I have found a job which  I have been in for about 5 months now, I really enjoy and allows me to gain valuable experience in magazine writing, editing and general marketing and communication goodness!

Swfitly this was followed by our beautiful wedding which I wish I could relive over and over again as it really was our perfect little day just for us and a few friends and family of course. Admittedly the bridezilla in me did come out and I am ashamed to admit the stress got to me a litte bit you know planning a wedding, completing a degree and looking for a job do tend to get a bit stressful in themselves. But of course as you know it all came together for our intimate ceremony in the Cornish countryside in what we consider to have been our dream wedding.

And of course ladies and gentleman, I started documenting my thoughts, feelings, reviews, life ramblings and memories with all of you in my little piece of the internet that is Granite City Girl and I have loved every minute I have spent as part of this blogging and reader community, relationship thing we have going on and may it long continue!

So 2015, dare I say you have a great deal to compete with but I look forward to your efforts!

I hope your 2014 has been as lovely and eventful as mine and I look forward to venturing forth into this brand new year with you ladies and gents! Be sure to share your best memory from 2014 in the comments below and if you would like to follow me into 2015 come find me on Bloglovin
Until 2015 folks!

H.Elizabeth x

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Glad 2014 was a great year for you; I also got married last year, up in your neck of the woods with my family - amazingly it was a really warm, sunny day in May! :) All the best for 2015. xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! Hopefully 2015 is able to keep up haha, hard to thought since getting married has been one of the most exciting things in life! That's funny it's as if people down south dream of a Scots wedding whereas I really loved the quintessentially English rustic wedding! Hope 2015 is kind to you!

      http://granitecitygirlblog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    2. Well, originally we were having it here in Dorset, but due to some family unable to make it, we changed all of our plans! I was actually born in Aberdeen, but have lived in Dorset since 2009. :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Good and Excellent work a very helpful piece of information and it is kind of nice to know exactly you published this information here, along with I found a knowledgeable post here. Great work thanks for writing Black Friday Voucher Code

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig