Tuesday 20 May 2014

What I Wore | Fairytale Fashion

Yaaay it's that time of year again (well that one day a year we get here in good ol' Aberdeen) where the sun has got his hat on and makes our great city glitter, Summer! And what better way to celebrate than to dig out the wardrobes summer finest, and in turn celebrate the up coming release of Disney's Maleficent at the end of May.

What I Wore on my Body

Vest - 'Who is the fairest of them all' Metallic Fairytale Vest, H & M (incredibly comfy!)
Jeans -
High Wasted Light Wash Jeans, Topshop
Feet- Plain black pumps, New Look

What I Wore on my Head and Face 

Hair - Iron Curled Ends (using straighteners) otherwise straight all over.
Face - Nivea Moisturizer
Collection Lasting Perfection (Fair)
Eyes - L'Oreal Colour Riche Crayon Le Khol (Midnight Black)
I used a trio of colour from my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
Lips - Burts Bees Lip Balm

Given the weather has been so good my skin has been behaving incredibly well (I put it down to the rays we Aberdonians have been catching lately!) and all I have been using on a daily basis is my regular moisturizer and a touch of concealer to get rid of any redness or blemishes, fingers crossed this continues throughout the coming months!

So that is my homage to fairytales and princesses of Summer, it may be a tad dull but I'm afraid this is often as bright as we get here in Aberdeen. I have been working on a few new hairstyles inspired by the vintage ladies of the 1950's and 60's in addition to a few You Tubers I have been loving lately (Cherrydoll Face to name one, go check her out!) so if you enjoy trying something a little vintage and something a bit different stay tuned for my take on these timeless classics.

As always you can catch me on Twitter or if you'd like to keep up to date with the latest with Granite City Girl follow me on Bloglovin, catch you on the next one.

H. Elizabeth xx

4 comments:

  1. That top is awesome, love the design.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it was buried in a H & M sale a couple of years ago and I originally bought it as a pyjama top! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that vest! hah I'm so excited to see the film. I'm from Edinburgh so I feel your pain about the weather.. we rarely get sun. would love if you could check out my blog! X

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thank you for your comment, and thank you for the link to your blog I'll definitely check it out! Yeah we've been very fortunate this June so far in Aberdeen such great weather, still windy of course but I'll take that over drizzle any day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig