Wednesday 10 May 2017

Pregnancy Update | The Second Trimester

Second trimester pregnancy

The second trimester. I can't belieive we have arrived here already - it really does feel like only yesterday I was sitting down bleary eyed and in the throws of morning sickness to write my first trimester update - but here we are a whole 16 weeks later and already into the third trimester! For those of you unfamiliar the second trimester of pregnancy runs from the 13th week of pregnancy until the 28th week of pregnancy.

What can I really say about the second trimester? We've hit a tonne of new milestones, from finding out our baby's gender to seeing her in many and varying scans both NHS and private, kitting out her bedroom and wardrobe with some new furniture and amazing clothes (courtesy of the Next sale which has Changed. My. Life!), attending new pregnancy fitness classes (which I may write a separate post on entirely) and finally feeling her kick, move and roll for the first time, it has been a whirlwind, exciting few months I'll say that!

Symptom wise my morning sickness has totally subsided though a few food aversions have snuck up on me such as my favourite curry from our local takeaway, ASDA's own oven pizzas and toast (which I put down to the morning sickness from the first trimester!) Stretch marks have also began to make their unfortunate and unwelcome appearance but so too has the appearance of my long awaited bump, which is now filling out all of my lovely new maternity clothes quite nicely. I need to pee pretty much all of the time, and when I'm not peeing I'm eating, and when I'm not eating I'm downing a family sized carton of orange juice which I think may actually be a pregnancy craving and of course the cycle begins all over again. Top tip for fellow pregnant ladies out there, when you need to sneeze, learn to clench and sneeze - bladder control during pregnancy is no joke! So far I haven't had any aches, pains or hospital related emergencies (touch wood) and I can safely say the second trimester has been plain sailing thus far.

There have been a few positives these last few months which I'm secretly hoping aren't entirely down to pregnancy hormones but I suppose only time will tell. My hair, nails and skin have never been better - in fact I treated myself to a gel manicure a few weeks back and the extensions grew off within a week (that's how fast they grow!) and I've thankfully got my energy back so I have been able to walk around a lot more during my lunch breaks at work and do more around the house which has been a blessing. 

A few fun facts about baby this trimester, she now has a regular heartbeat as well as the ability to yawn and hiccup in there, she also has her own set of fingerprints, is growing her hair, lashes and eyebrows and can even now taste foods that I eat via her amniotic fluid (how cool is that - plenty of fine foods and ice cream for me I think!)

So far so good - now we've got another 12 or so weeks until my due date and hopefully not too long after (or soon before!) to meet this little person and get acquainted with the individual assaulting me from the inside out! This has and I think will continue to be my favourite trimester particularly as during these last 12 or so weeks the bump is due to get quite heavy, I'm expecting cankles, swelling and general exhaustion as well as boredom in anticipation of her arrival (it's gonna be a long 12 weeks!)

Thank you for taking the time to read my pregnancy update - I'm glad I decided to document my pregnancy in this way as I think it will be fun to look back on in the future, so really I'm being kind of selfish in that sense! As usual though I do love to hear from you so be sure to leave your (helpful) thoughts and comments below, come share them with me on Twitter, Instagram and if you'd like to see more of me, bump (and eventually baby) be sure to follow me on Bloglovin.

Until next time,

H.Elizabeth x

14 comments:

  1. Aww how exciting for you! It must be so lovely to have found out her gender so that you can start getting everything ready. I hope the third trimester goes well too!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that the food you eat, the environment you live in and the lifestyle you lead in the months before you conceive a child can have a profound effect on the wellbeing of your baby? 4d baby scan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. Pregnancy scan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very common to experience mood swings during pregnancy. Some girls may suffer from depression during pregnancy or after childbirth.Gultukas kūdikiui

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could look on the web or in your nearby daily paper. You could converse with land operators. Look at a couple of pursuit strategies to see where the homes you are keen on show up and after that emphasis on that hunt technique.quartz countertops kansas city

    ReplyDelete
  6. Likely happier with the something current however to recognize the most recent home rebuilding patterns. granite and quartz installer in overland park kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t waste my free time that’s why I read the informative things when I got this blog I really enjoyed reading this.obgyns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. This looks super cool. I haven't read it all yet, but I'll be back to read the rest of it. Go here

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the service Cost has to be presented anyplace a 0844 number will be advertised. To find the certain full get in touch with price, add this specific for the phone company’s regular entry cost. On the other hand, take advantage of the calculator under to estimation the buying price of cell phone calls from principal landline in addition mobile phone networking sites http://www.telephonecodes.org.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blogs are easily accessible and quite enlightening so keep doing the amazing work guys. Kids' Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obviously, in the event that you don't make an expansion to the house, and simply expel or migrate a wall(s), you at that point have encroached upon an adjoining space and diminished its size, so you nee pressure cooker recipes
    d to gauge which choice is the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey friend, it is very well written article, thank you for the valuable and useful information you provide in this post. Keep up the good work! FYI, please check these depression, stress and anxiety related articles:

    Depression Cure

    60 Second Panic Solution

    I Love Panic Attacks

    Destroy Depression Review

    Pregnancy Month by Month


    You can also contact me at depressioncure.net@gmail.com for link exchange, article exchange or for advertisement.

    Thanks

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. Baby Formula milk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template by pipdig