Wednesday 22 June 2016

Linton & Mac Nail Bar | Nails by L&M


As many of you know I have a love hate relationship with false nails and usually, if I'm completely honest, it's my own fault. I'll ask for them to be too long, I'll be too impatient and use stick ons (don't do it guys, don't do it) I'll rush to do something and bend one backwards (ouch ouch!) or I'll just be straight up clumsy and break one opening a purse! But having ventured forth into my new mini side career of make up artistry I thought it was high time I got rid of my badly taken care of bitten fingers and invest in myself (and my clients) and make sure my mani was maintained! So off I popped to my fave nail bar Linton & Mac for some TLC.

Now I feel this might be a little bit of a cheat because this ain't my first rodeo with Linton & Mac, nope I knew what I was getting myself into as they rescued me just one day before I was due to go on holiday this year when I had acrylics from HELL that not only looked nothing like what I asked for but also cut and made my cuticles BLEED! (Yeah it wasn't pretty)

So following the advice from Linton & Mac's nail tech when I do get my nails done these days I opt for gel extensions, which granted may not last quite as long as acrylics but are much gentler on my natural nails underneath. Kayleigh is so lovely and attentive when she's working away, taking me through each step, asking if I'm comfortable and just generally doing a fantastic job (I'm still in awe at how she is able to freehand the shape of the extension!!!) and it helps that when I go I'm guaranteed a good natter as well as great nail service.

This time I went for an almond shaped extension and a nude pink gel polish (fittingly named la tee da!) so far as I write this they have been on one week and are still looking fabulous! The length is so manageable to I can still do make up on myself, others and undertake tasks in day to day life no problem at all (even though my mum reckons there is just no WAY I can clean my house with these talons.. trust me I can do anything!) I'm booked in for next week to have my infills done and I do reckon between now and then I may have a couple of accidents and may have a couple of casualties but luckily with Linton & Mac all repairs and renovations you require are free of charge (great news for clumsy gals like me!) 

Overall I recommend if you have a big night out coming up, a fancy to do or just want to treat yo self then get on down to Linton & Mac for a mani / pedi treat. Hopefully some of you girls and guys in the Granite in particular have enjoyed this post, found it helpful, informative, or maybe just had a giggle at my expense as per, do leave all comments, thoughts and musings in the box below and feel free to have a stalk of my other social media sites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the likes.

Until next time folks, feeling my majestic mani.

H.Elizabeth x


2 comments:

  1. Love the shape you have gone for!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's my favourite, great for elongating sausage fingers like mine!

      Hannah | Granite City Girl x

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig