Wednesday 17 September 2014

Lashes? Au Natural, Strips Or Go Indy

Over the last few months I have been experimenting with a few new looks and products to extend, improve and basically falsify the look of my lashes (it's both a passion and a beloved past time) and I thought  it would be fun to share my recent efforts with you guys and the blogosphere. So if like me you are facing the age old dilemma of daring to bare, over the counter full on falsies or perhaps going under the therapists tweezers and going for full on lash extensions this review might be just what you're looking for!

 Daring to bare
Clinique High Impact Mascara RRP£17.50
As you'll all know by now I am a great lover and avid hunter of mascara. If there has been a latest and greatest fad, I've been at the front of the queue, from L'Oreal's Miss Manga, the cat eye mascara that swept us beauty bloggers a few years ago (which in my opinion smelt terribly like cat pee!) right down to Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara (which I continue to be a great lover of) but no matter. If you do dare to bare your lashes, in my opinion there are only two ways to go. My much beloved Benefit mascara has gotten me through many a dark stubby lash days or my other love, Cliniques High Impact Mascara in black (can be seen in the photograph below) With the appropriate technique (wiggle wiggle wiggle) and a steady hand you can actually achieve falsie heights and volume with either of these two wonder products.
                                                                                           
   Strip Falsies   


Eylure KP Lashes (Sweetie Pie) RRP £5.95
Ah falsies from my youth, when the hair was super backcombed and my eyelashes almost met my hairline! I don't think these will ever grow old. Given that they are simple enough to put on and don't look too full or thick you could easily pass these off as your natural eyelashes. Steady hands and a but of know how is your best friend here ladies, make sure you apply the glue to your strip first give it a wee wave then apply glue to the other, this should give eyelash one a chance to develop a tackiness that will allow easy application. I have never really strayed from my Eyelure lashes so maybe I'm not the most objective but these honestly do wonders and if you look after these properly and remove any tack or glue after each use you could use these for up to one month (with about  3 or 4 days use a week) For temporary lashes these are on the pricey side but when it comes to something near your eye, you don't exactly want to scrimp out.

 Individual Lash Extensions
Baker Street Salon Aberdeen £30.00
Last but not least, the contemplation of lash extensions. The allure of long, lush lashes on a more semi permanent basis I admit got the better of me a couple of months ago when I visited a local salon to have them applied. An uncomfortable procedure involving a large cotton pad under your eyelid, tweezers and a painstaking amount of time. Of course I fell in love as soon as I saw them, more natural looking than my beloved falsies yet longer and better than my really real lashes. The downside? The incredibly intense upkeep and maintenence is impractical for a busy city girl like me, also for someone who likes to give their face a good scrub, or likes to merely touch their face, or sleep comfortably. These may not be the best route to go down, but if you live in a plastic bubble and literally sit around all day then these are right up your street.

 Verdict    


If you're going for a more nautural day look I would of course opt for the mascara, it's light, won't weigh down your lashes and you won't blow people away with a blink.

On the other hand if you're going for a full, glam evening look or you just want to look super dressed up then falsies are your friend.



As for the individual lashes I would not recommend these at all unless you are prepared for something super high maintenance on your face (I'm talking washing your face will be your new nightmare!)
Hopefully this has helped some of you lovely beauty enthusiasts make an informed choice today, if you have any lash loves in terms of mascara, falsies or maybe you've had a fabulous experience with individual lashes drop me a comment below, tweet at me on the Twittersphere or if you'd like to keep up to date and see more of the Granite City Girl be sure to follow me on Bloglovin


H x
                   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig