Wednesday 30 November 2016

Alternative Advents | My Top 5 Beauty Advent Calendars


Like I could afford a beauty advent calendar! Honestly guys this year I'll be sticking with my tried and tested Poundland or ASDA advent calendars this year, however what kind of beauty blogger would I be really if I didn't at least force you to read my top beauty advent calendar picks from the shops? Not a very good one folks, not a very good one. So in light of securing my status as 'beauty blogger extraordinaire' and proving my salt as a blogger of all things make up I thought I would share my very own top 5 beauty advent calendars from the UK... though can you really say these beat out cheapy chocolate? I think not!

1. Kiehls Calendar (£95 exclusively at Selfridges)
Despite never having tried anything from their brand I'd love this calendar to open every day. It's luxe, it's lush and I'd love to try sample sizes of the Kiehls products before committing to a full size in store given their quite extravagant price tag!
I love Charlotte Tilbury, her products are so beautiful and her advent calendar is even more beautiful! And my make up collection can never have too much Charlotte!

3. 12 Days of Christmas, Lush (£52.95)
I remember seeing this splashed all over the blogosphere last year and being super jealous, a new lush product for the 12 days leading up to Christmas. Hell yes!

4. 24 Happy Days Deluxe Calendar, The Body Shop (£80 with £127 worth of products)
The Body Shop, as you guys know, holds a special place in my heart...i.e. my skincare routine. Much of my coveted products in my kit come from there, be it my make up remover, exfoliator and even my eye cream, so the Body Shop - you've got my vote!

5. Tree Advent Calendar, Topshop (£28)
Topshop bring you something a little different for their advent calendar this year (and probably last year too) in the form of a jewellery calendar. I'm not very into jewellery myself so it'd be really nice to get lots of new pieces for my limited collection to jazz up some old outfits.

Honourable advent mentions to Jo Malone, Diptyque, Molton Brown.

By no means nor matter am I suggesting that you need one of these to make your Christmas complete, I for one am quite happy to have an additional chocolate every day as opposed to another sample sized goodie. Of course if you are lucky enough to have one of these for the festive period well...I hate you... obviously!

Hopefully you have enjoyed reading up on my top picks for this years Christmas advent festivities, what are yours? Or are you a bit more like me? ASDA all the way? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments below, come share your own advents with me on Twitter or if you just want to see my on the weekly / daily be sure to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin.

Until next time folks, jingling all the way to ASDA!

H.Elizabeth x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template by pipdig