Sunday 2 November 2014

Going 'Half & Half' with a dash of 'Spice'

My love affair with MAC has hit an all time high. On my walks home I can barely resist going in to marvel at their hundreds of lippys, plethora of polishes and of course the obsession only worsens when a new trend hits the seasonal fan, but that is a discussion for another time.

Today I am going to share my brand new vice and must have make up for the month! I know that everyone has been obsessed with MAC's 'Velvet Teddy' lippy made famous by the poster child for lush lips, Kylie Jenner and her mad lining skills! And of course I had to have it! But on thinking of it a little bit further I decided to get a lippy that would best compliment me, my skin tone and general style, because I think that's what this big make up business is all about finding your own style and making up your own face.

And so tah-dah this is what I bought and came up with! The MAC Half 'N' Half Amplified Creme Lipstick and the Spice lip liner.


MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Half 'N' Half (RRP. £15.50)


I always love MAC lipsticks for their wearability and pigmentation, and this one in particular is a great moisture rich lipstick that doesn't dry your lips very much at all (something I have mentioned I have struggled with in the past) This lipstick isn't as intense as I would say 'Velvet Teddy' is and I feel it really compliments my skin tone, on others I suppose it's considered a nude but for me it's a gorgeous brown autumnal colour.

The spice lip liner goes really well with this particular lipstick it gives a much darker defined line to your lips so you can build up and build up to give yourself that voluptuous pout we've all been aiming for! The colour isn't technically meant to go with the lipstick but you can do so much with it , you can as I said create a darker and more defined lip and you can even ombre your lips (something I am yet to try as I think I'll need an afternoon for that!)
Tah- dah! The finished product
So what do you guys think? A fair compromise for us Casper folks for 'Velvet Teddy'? What lippys have you been loving lately? Have you tried this trend yet, be sure to drop me a comment below, catch me on Twitter or if you'd like to keep seeing more catch me on Bloglovin!

Until next time folks.

H.Elizabeth x

4 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous shade really true to the Kyle Jenner style of lipstick x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you always need to go for what works best for your own skin colour and style and velvet teddy just wasn't working for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been looking for a Kylie Jenner esque lipstick for ages but velvet teddy doenst suit me either! Glad theres a few of us out there :)

    www.annieemac.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit lighter than Velvet Teddy and the red is a bit less intense so I think that makes quite a big difference for us pale folk! :)

      Delete

Blogger template by pipdig